Atomicrops - plow, plant, and pow on a farm

Hey I saw the classic “here’s some helpers” outer field camp. I’ve also encountered yet more “wtf is this doing” stuff and still puzzling that out.

Lots of garden beds is straining my ability to maintain seeds, while the economy goes double boom.

I’ve seen the axes you can use to cut down trees (and a new item allowing for the planting of trees on regular ground; no digging/tilling necessary). I’m not clear what the boards you get are for, maybe auto paying the bridge fee to get to a field. IDK.

Garden Box upgrades I’ve observed:

• Afformentioned “merge crops”. All of them auto plant seeds from inventory.
  • Magically self plant seeds of whatever box type. All found seeds from that biome are now converted into other seeds.
  • Box makes tilled soil moist.

And every time you upgrade - you can find special camps in fields that offer you an upgrade choice for a type of seed, in addition to growing crops to get them - the seeds upgrade. This includes planted and even ripe plants; they all turn into the next tier up.

'm sure there’s more I haven’t seen or have forgotten to mention, wrt to the garden bed upgrades. And other mechanics in the game, I’m sure.

I really like the sound of auto-planting. Anything that will take that part of the micromanagement out means more of your very limited time can be spent doing other things.

It’s amazing. I have to say the othjer choice - seeds + picks, and planting in a line - is very helpful too but it’s still work you have to do. The only thing I’ll note is that having tons of beds can run you low on seeds before the final boss. This mostly just makes the fight a bit tedious as you wait for the head, uh, things to spawn so you can kill them for seeds. Of course having lots of trees helps make up for that.

But it also might be too amazing. I mean it completely trivializes the farm aspect.

I guess more people complained of the changes, because it seems at some point (in May) they introduced an option to play the ‘classic’ mode:

Oh wow, that’s great news. I thought the original game was gone forever. Hurrah for game preservation! Now you can play the original AND the sequel (which both have the same name).