Att uverse ... Pop up ads?

We just started getting pop up ads while watching cable. Literally these ads pop in from the left while watching TV, advertising various products. They cover about a third of the screen and have to be dismissed.

What the hell? So now I have to pay for cable, get ads breaks every 7 minutes, and pop up ads?

Besides calling tomorrow and bitching them out, this to me shows the death knell of cable. They are so desperate they are intentionally ruining the viewing experience

Anyone else get this?

I’ve never seen that, , but would agree that it will kill their business. Not sure what they are thinking.

Found this report, but it’s from 6 years ago.

I have UVerse and have never seen pop up ads before except during commercials. If this is a tend they are starting to put into regular shows then I will drop them immediately.

I got those during the Gold Cup (soccer) game – most were for Sprint, as I recall. I’ve not seen them anywhere else, so I assumed they were part of broadcast. If they do become common, I’m cutting that cord, too.

I’ve had Uverse for years and have not seen that yet. If it does happen, it could be a delabreaker.

I kept hearing a death knell. I believe that I have tracked it to this thread.