Audio Surf Song Recommendation

So really. Audiosurf is awesome. There’s no need to explain that any further. So instead, how about a thread which recommends some songs for people to try out. Just out of sheer challenge.

So far, these albums have been sheer challenge.

Broken Social Scene - Broken Social Scene.
-ibi Dreams of pavement is an entirely downhill track with orchestral percussions punctuating the blocks. I think there was once i saw 3 entire rows of reds and yellows coming down my way. Superconnected was almost the same kind of track.

Mogwai - Mr Beast (glasgow mega snake)

Anyone else have other song recommendations?

I tried Tears For Fears - Pale Shelter last night. It made me motion sick.
We Share Our Mother’s Health by The Knife is pretty awesome.

That really disappointed me, annoyingly. I’m an enormous fan of the Knife, but it didn’t quite get the quiet hysteria of it.

I luv u by Dizzee Rascal was really good. The way its beats move make even mono tricky, and there’s these fantastic little half-pauses.

KG

I have yet to try out any Dizzee Rascal. I can’t believe that I didn’t think to try him before.

I was pretty disappointed with how it handled anything I tried by the Knife.

My recommendation is still Acid Mother’s Temple and the Floating Paraiso UFO’s “Atomic Rotary Grinding God”. It’s just balls out for 20 minutes.

I’ll also throw in Venetian Snares’ “Hajnal”. Great song, and works really well in Audiosurf.

Oh - and the official RPS challenge song is Kate Bush’s Wuthering Heights, which works incredibly well, no matter what mode you play it on.

(Also: Total Eclipse of the Heart.)

KG

Screw challenge. The Mariner’s Revenge Song by The Decemberists is just fun to play.

What this thread needs is a daily challenge song, with a link to download the MP3 in question. I would happily post the first, but I don’t want to piss off any moderators. How about it?

just about anything by Aphex Twin has been awesome.

Chemical Brothers - My Elastic Eye
Amon Tobin - Rhino Jockey
Squarepusher - Anstromm-Feck 4

OK, this upload is free of copyright issues, suitably geeky and lots of fun to play.

Chicajo - Shock the System Mix

Take your best shot, bitches.

How many tracks have full twists or loops in them? IMO the hardest tracks are the ones that the entire track twists such that your ship has turned horizontal for a few seconds.

I’m going to try out some Orbital and Crystal Method later on now that I have them on my computer.

You go to the hardcore mode, I’ve had some which add a full twist where there hasn’t been before.

KG

My favorite Amon Tobin song so far has been Sordid. For some reason Audiosurf really liked it, making the gold medal target something like 160,000 points. But Rhino Jockey was also really great. It’s just a classic slow-build song, perfect for a game like this.

Last night I tried a few gabber mixes of some Fear Factory songs (Transgenic, Manic Cure, T-1000), and DAMN. It takes all my effort just to barely survive on Ninja Mono mode (with Ironman enabled), let alone score highly. In fact I’m not sure I ever beat Manic Cure. But with the Elite Eraser, they’re all approx. four minutes of unbridled full-throttle adrenaline where you can rack up some pretty sick scores.

Pretty much any New Order song does the trick. Get Substance.

I kinda wish that the ships had some kind of inertia to them; you can really whip them around as it is and considering there is some kind of speed sense relating to the song it seems a little weird that you can make your ship wig out all over left to right.

Sex on Wheelz by My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult

What’s your username? I’m currently holding the top spot for True Faith and Blue Monday (daedalus3).

Anyone else’s access to online scoreboards disappear?