August 20: wallet threat level pre-red

Title August 20: wallet threat level pre-red
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Features
When August 20, 2012

There's another Transformers game out this week, if you're into that sort of thing. This one apparently has robo-dinosaurs in it. Frankly, I'm surprised it's taken this long for robo-dinosaurs to find their way into a Transformers game..

Read the full article

Sadly I'll be unable to purchase the measly £50 for Guild Wars 2, which is about £20 more than most regular Pc games. I live in the UK by the way, in case you're wondering what that funny sign (£) is.

Having a console is not cost effective for me in any way - in my country, a very basic version of the PS3 or X360 costs around 600-700 dollars (without the same level of support that you have in the US, I might add), and games for those consoles are around 100-150 dollars on launch. PC games have the same cost as everywhere else ($40-$60 on launch), or are cheaper (the base price for PC Borderlands 2 in my country, for instance, is equivalent to $45 - PC Fifa 13 is equivalent to $35).

So, I'm a PC-only gamer because it just isn't worth for me to own a console to play the few games I can't enjoy in the PC. I'm glad that Dark Souls is finally coming to my platform of choice, and I do care about the game. But I just don't have money to throw away.

It was a joke. Sadly, so is the port, though it will still be the best version disregarding any unforeseen issues.

Not true on the Dark Souls part. As a poor student I've been patiently waiting for almost a year, though these last two weeks have been killing me.

Some of us own Dark Souls on console and are buying the PC version -anyway-.

Inconceivable!

Serves you right for not using Euros.

As of Saturday 5pm (AEST) there will only be one game on my playlist for the foreseeable future. ;)

Dude, this week is Thirty Flights of Loving, sequel to Gravity Bone.

Oh, Retro/Grade finally came out on PSN. I remember it looking like an interesting rhythm game.

Next week Mutant Mudds pc, yay!

Yeah, because I can afford to drop several hundred dollars on a console just to play Dark Souls...