Aukey, Anker, TaoTronics, RavPower etc brands on Amazon:

The real reason will surprise you!

They don’t want you to know!

Anker has paid for reviews before. What the hell is wrong with you people?

iseewhatyoudidthere.gif

Would be cool if the article you posted mentioned it then instead of arbitrarily including it out of speculation :-)

Aukey appears to be back on US Amazon.com but Mpow isn’t yet. Both are missing from Amazon.ca.

According to that article, these companies are being removed from Amazon for offering customers a gift card for a favorable Amazon review. I see this all the time from various companies. I’m glad Amazon is finally cracking down on it.

Agreed, that’s great!

(And Anker is still not actually affected here)

(so far)

I bought some free weights on Amazon and they sent me a postcard offering me $10 for a 5-star review.

Thing is, I’d already left them a 5-star review. :)

CHOETECH has now been purged too along with the rest of TaoTronics/Ravpower’s associated brands. CHOETECH reimbursed me for my wireless charger pad review.

I would take the money then amend the review to one star noting it was paid for.

Amazon suing a bunch of review farms in Europe:

1 Claimant Amazon EU Sàrl, UK Branch Hogan Lovells International LLP
2 Claimant Amazon UK Services Ltd Hogan Lovells International LLP
3 Claimant Amazon EU Sàrl Hogan Lovells International LLP
4 Claimant Amazon Services Europe Sàrl Hogan Lovells International LLP
5 Claimant Amazon Europe Core Sarl Hogan Lovells International LLP
1 Defendant Fischer, Noah
2 Defendant Internet Marketing Mallorca Sl
3 Defendant SRMG Global Ltd
4 Defendant SRM Global Ltd
5 Defendant Panagiotou, Kriakos
6 Defendant Zouridis, Konstantinos
7 Defendant Rattray, Simon
8 Defendant Weber, Norbert Michael Johannes

How are they supposed to have prime day deals without offerings from hundreds of companies we’ve never heard of?

Don’t worry, they’ll be back under new names you’ve never heard of.

Yeah, unless you quash this at a factory/owner level, they just come back with a new random series of letters.

edit: this is encouraging, however.

In early July, the parent company of Shenzhen Youkeshu Technology (more commonly known as YKS) reported that Amazon had closed 340 of YKS’s online stores and frozen over $20 million worth of its assets, according to the South China Morning Post . The publication described YKS as one of the platform’s largest Chinese retailers.