Australian based Horror game

Hey guys,

Thought I would just share with you a game that’s currently in the works.

Its a horror/adventure game based in the Blue Mountains.

There is a demo available to get a feeling what its going to be about.

I will probably need some more people down the road for animation/music/voices so if any of you are interested please PM me.

Anyway, tell me what you think!

www.zaperart.com/blue

Could you tell us a little more about yourself and the project?

My pleasure! My name is Roko Zaper and I am a Sydney based illustrator who has worked on graphic novels before and I am trying to realize a concept for a game I have had. It is progressing nicely and will hopefully find its way to steam one day.

Anyway, here is the type of thing I usually do.

www.zaperart.com

The game itself is about venturing deep into the Blue Mountains to find the killer of your sister.

Its inspired by lots of adventure games and horror titles but will be quite unique.

That’s a very cool, creative map for your Unicorn Lost Dreams.

What tools or engine are you using for the Blue Mountain horror game?

I am using GameMaker Studio but trying to keep it simple so I can focus on the atmosphere and characters. I would love to hear some thoughts about the demo if possible. Mind you - the animation and voices will be added later…

Here is just a small taste of the art style used in the game…

I’ll give it a try in a few days (swamped with stuff at the moment). Looks great! Can I ask a dumb question since I know nothing about art. Is there some watercolor work integrated into your imagery?

Yes! Nice observation. Its actually all water colored with animated elements.

Does this game capture the true horror of going to Katoomba on a Friday night for a mate’s party, only to discover the next day there’s trackwork and you have to catch a rail bus back to Strathfield?

Haha not as of yet but i can work it in somewhere. Good one!

There were some minor issues with your game’s graphics. I went ahead and fixed them for you.

This made me laugh. But im going for more phsychological horror…

Don’t underestimate dropbear cunning! They can remember individual people, and are skilled and stealthy trackers.

It would be fun if someone made a real drop bear horror!

There will be a lyre bird though…

From what I can tell (never been to Australia though), everything that walks, slithers, crawls, or flies there is either poisonous or wants to eat us. So, doing horror shouldn’t be too hard!

Haha i still felt the need to add something worse. i dont think a spider or snake would cut it. but a croc or shark might!

I find people the scariest monsters of all.

Hey guys…Theres been a trailer released for the game and the demo should be coming out pretty soon…Check it out!