Auto Assault: NetDevil does the right thing

Oh, it’s fair enough. Granted, instead of walking up and smacking things, you tend to make high-speed jousting passes; the other tweak of the formula is that you tend to smack lots of mobs at a time, so there’s less worry about “pulling” and whatnot to isolate enemies. See a crowd, drive right through turret a-blazing.

Beyond that though…you smack mobs, farm drops, turn them in for xp and gold (excuse me, “clink”), farm other drops for crafting purposes, pick talents as you gain levels, spend your gold on warrior-healer-whatnot equipment, etc. The beta’s enormously more polished than it was when I got my invitation, but the thought of paying actual money to play makes me snicker. Still, best of luck to them.

I’m disappointed the game isn’t more twitch like Jumpgate – that game was actually fantastic, so I’ve had high hopes for Auto Assault.

Bleh, no thanks.

I’m with Backov as well… it’s a pity because I think they really got all the ingredients there, I just dont care for the core design. I thought going the Jumpgate route would have been a design no-brainer!

If any game desperately needs a remake, it’s Interstate '76.

I’m disappointed the game isn’t more twitch like Jumpgate – that game was actually fantastic, so I’ve had high hopes for Auto Assault.

I76 meets Jumpgate would have had me drooling.

Actually, Jumpgate with the obvious fixes in place, in cars, would have had me.

[I]Main street under a slate gray afternoon sky
The light on your face is soft and dim under the lace curtain
And the streets are empty
In the distance, there is a flash and a rumble
Clouds sail the sky like giant wooden ships
On a blackened evergreen sea
Capped with foam

[/I]

WTF???

Groove Champion, baby.

Those, sir, are the poetic stylings of one Taurus, known on the road as “Stampede”.

The oceans are deep and dry
Empty
The sky is black smoke bearing winter’s frozen gifts
It will snow in this land for a thousand years
And I will sleep under it…forever

Interstate '76 poems.

All with audio! It’s a nostalgiasm!

The motherfucker’s trying to get away
My trigger finger rears
And fires
And that stupid motherfucker dies

And Taurus cries.