Avatar: James Cameron's Ostensibly Revolutionary Spacey 3D Cinematic D&D Campaign

I don’t think the sequels (at least not the first one) will have original characters and places.

The Hollywood Reporter confirmed that Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, and Stephen Lang are in the sequel. Unless Cameron is doing the American Horror Story thing and using the same actors for different characters, I think we’re going back to Pandora.

I think their deal with X-men sounds pretty lousy. They’re not getting that back anytime soon. No one wants to make new characters for the IP because Fox auto owns them… at last that’s what I was told anyway. They didn’t just sell what they had they sold what others would create in the future. I certainly don’t speak legalese.

I assumed they were going to have adventures in and around the ocean on the same world.

Forest world, water world, desert world, ice world, and lava world. This isn’t a D&D campaign it’s a platformer!

Sounds more like Star Wars to me…

Ah, that reminds me of Atari SwordQuest:Earthword, Fireworld, Wat-- you get the idea… and the excellent, beautifully drawn comics that accompanied them.

Awesome - thanks for that link!

And the game was like the comic come to life!

Cameron was quoted somewhere (I paraphrase very loosely :)) as saying “The first movie did well but no one really cared about it and no one remembers it anymore. The bastards. I’ll show them.” I got the distinct impression he was making the sequels as punishment for a public who didn’t offer enough adulation to his genius.

“quoted somewhere” “I paraphrase very loosely” “I got the distinct impression” Nothing personal, but all of that gives your “information” zero basis in reality. I feel like Im stuck at a Trump rally.

This is the original viral tweet:

It’s a hoax. James Cameron did NOT say he was making the sequels in response to a different tweet about Avatar’s fleeting impact on popular culture.

“I have no idea if this is accurate, but I HOPE it is,” is the sentiment that typically accompanies this screenshot whenever someone shares it. And so it is with the deepest regret that I must crush everyone’s dreams and inform you that it is not, in fact, accurate. It’s a joke.

The tweet the screenshot is referring to does exist. It’s by the comedy writer Dana Schwartz, and it went viral shortly after she wrote it in December 2015.

Ah, Cameron has changed the plot since I read the whole “each movie will be on another planet. The first sequel will focus on an ocean planet”. Here is his quote of the change of direction

Sam Worthington drops some info.

[quote]
“They’re going to be shooting concurrently. The plan is to have some time in between, I think, but these things are always ambiguous until they start. We’re still set to start in the summer, though. James needed time to perfect the scripts. Whenever he says jump I go because he’s the man. I’ve read all the scripts, they’re great. This is going to be Jake eight years later, and he’s got a family now.

This film is going to be like nothing you’ve ever seen. The world is bigger than the first one, but essentially, it’s a movie about family. Jake will still have that essence of a kid seeing the world for the first time, but he’s been living in the world for a while now, so what’s this world he’s seeing now for the first time? The film will explore that within this family dynamic.”[/quote]

BIg fan of Avatar. I really enjoyed that movie for what it was… but I’ve seen lots of movies about families and bigger is not always better. I usually dislike Worthington’s interviews, although I’m sure he can only say so much at this point.

Only one. The Legend of Korra was pretty good, so I’m hoping for others.

I hate +likes. But you get one for this.

Scratching my head over here at Worthington ever making enough of an impression on a person that they’ve developed an opinion of his interviews. 😂

I watched his movies. Enjoyed the visual explanations for Avatar…and heard him talk in an interview and decided that’s not really my thing. listening to him. I’ll see some movies with him in it but he doesn’t come off especially… worthwhile. It was kind like listening to Ryan Lochte talk. It doesn’t take away from what their good at, but it’s not like listening to other actors talk like Tom Hanks, Denzel Washington, Samantha Bee, and Mayim Bialik who are just… kind of fun to listen to outside their roles.

Seen during the Oscars last night:

Wait for the end.

I had assumed that ad was for some kind of ride at Disney parks or something. So it’s for a game or something? I guess I need to go to the top of this thread and start reading.