Avatar: The Last Airbender - Suriprisingly good anamated serieis

That could be where the “Last Airbender” bit comes in. She’s going to need to find someone to teach her airbending, yes?

They’ve already said Aang and Katara’s son will be teaching her airbending.

Thread, arise!
Netflix are making a live action version of Avatar TLA with the original creators as show runners.
Color me excited! :)

“We’re thrilled for the opportunity to helm this live-action adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender” said Konietzko and DiMartino. “We can’t wait to realize Aang’s world as cinematically as we always imagined it to be, and with a culturally appropriate, non-whitewashed cast. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build upon everyone’s great work on the original animated series and go even deeper into the characters, story, action, and world-building. Netflix is wholly dedicated to manifesting our vision for this retelling, and we’re incredibly grateful to be partnering with them.”

I clicked on this thread hoping that they are announcing a third series.

Cool. I’ve never seen the original Avatar, and this thread always made me want to watch it one day. I don’t think it’s ever going to be on a streaming service like Netflix again, so this live-action thing might be my best shot at seeing it.

I can’t imagine a TV-budget live action Avatar doing justice to all the elemental bending acrobatics of the animated version.

Watch it while it’s free!

That’s right, he’s Sokka,
It’s pronounced with an “okka”,
Young ladies, he rocked ya!

This scares me deeply. It all hinges on the casting of Sokka and Iroh.

The original TV series is on Hoopla, Season 1 at least, which I have access to through my library. I only get 8 borrows a month, so I was worried that watching a season would take forever using this method, but I watched the first two episodes so far, and it turns out, borrowing episodes from a season of a TV show is only considered one borrow.

After 2 episodes, I admit, I’m liking this a lot. It’s definitely for kids, but it doesn’t do anything to annoy or repel adults.

It’s a “for kids” show where people get explicitly tortured, disfigured, and murdered, so… yeah.

Oh wow, well, none of that has happened yet. It seems pretty kid-friendly so far.

Let’s just say he didn’t end up the last airbender by eating right and exercising.

That’s a pretty harsh way to characterize this show. Yes there are some mature themes but it’s got a pretty positive vibe and good message overall. There’s no gratuitous disfigurement or murder, and what little there is ties into character arcs/motivations and eventually into redemption stories. I can’t remember any torture at all, unless you are referring to something happening off screen that was only hinted that.

Yep; I watched it with my son when he was younger again and again, lol. Awesome series. It does have some more mature themes at times (and definitely violence, but not gore), but I think it’s perfectly appropriate for kids who aren’t super-young unless you want to shelter them from violence in media. Just as a mild warning, the sequel, Legend of Korra, “grows up” with its audience a little bit.

I’ve got about 5 episodes left in Season 1. This show is so good! It’s light-hearted fare most of the time, but when taken together it’s all starting to feel really epic. Plus when the show does action, they do it so well.

Indeed fantastic, I never posted after finishing season 1, but the entire series was wonderful, and if you have the time once you watch all the seasons, roll right into watching Kora afterward.

Oh man, the episode I watched last night (Season 2 Episode 5) was totally unexpected. It was a comedy episode! And not just that, it was genuinely funny and had me laughing at several points. This is not normally a comedy show at all, so it was completely out of left field for me. I hope they do more comedy episodes, since they’re clearly so good at it.

You think that’s good, the next episode will rock your world. Pun intended.

It’s an avalanche of funny.