Avatar: The Last Airbender - Suriprisingly good anamated serieis

Was there an episode last week, Thanksgiving? I’m hoping no cause Tivo says no.

What what what? They’re signed for another few seasons, last I heard. I believe the deal is that it will be a different arc plot than Aang and friends, but I hadn’t heard that Avatar was going away any time soon.

I thought the first half hour was pretty good with the fighting off the beach, but it did slow down abit for part 2.

Although Part 2 had Zuko confronting Ozai, the best part of the episodes (and maybe all of Avatar).

Zuko holding off his father’s attack and throwing it right back in his shocked face was fantastic.

Great episode. I’m excited to see where they go from here after ALL the buildup to the eclipse.

Wow, news to me… have a link? I believe I got the ‘21 episode’ info from ASN.

Hmm. I’d heard it from a bunch of places, but now I’m having trouble finding a definitive statement on it.

Well, if this is the last season, that’d be ok, since they are clearly going to wrap up the Aang story arc. And it’s been pretty awesome so far.

At the Avatar panel at the San Diego Comic-Con this summer, they mentioned that the Aang saga was meant to have a definite end with this season, but that the Avatar universe would continue with new stories.

That’s awesome news, since this universe is far too well-constructed to be given up on after only three seasons.

I guess the question is, what direction do they take season 4? Do they kill off Aang at the end and have a search for a new Avatar? Do they do a prequel and show Roku or Kioshi’s stories, or one of the other bajillion Avatars? Or do a Zuko spinoff? I will be very interested to see what they decide on.

I think they need to have Sokka and Zuko team up for a buddy-movie type of story. But I suspect we’ll get a whole new crop of characters.

Sokka and Iroh are the whole show for me, so it would be hard to watch without them :) But I agree they have an amazing amount of depth in the show already and the ability to delve into any other Avatar’s story (past or future) makes things pretty wide open.

I want a Toph spinoff. Maybe throw in Ty Lee as well. And Sokka.

I’m glad to hear they aren’t giving up after three seasons, but I really like the characters they have now, it would be hard to like others as much…

I’m also not fond of the idea of having Avatar without Aang ;_;

But the ideas some mentioned(like Zuko+Sokka amazing duo) would help me forget about him ;)

However, now that i think about it, unless they find a forgotten Airbenders tribe, they can’t really kill Aang without disrupting the Avatar cycle, right? ;)

No, Costa, they can, since the Avatar isn’t specifically an Airbender.

They can be from any of the tribes, its just, them learning the Air techniques will be extremely hard without a sensei with said powers.

What i meant was that the Avatar cycle goes through all the nations, one at a time and if they kill Aang AND there is no other airbender around, that cycle will be broken. And there will no longer be an Avatar.

At least that’s how i understood it.

Ang and Katara are going to repopulate the airbenders. Which brings up an interesting question, is bending inheritance gender dominant? What happens when two different benders have a kid?

Whoo, just caught up.

I’d love to see a Zuko spinoff. He was one of my favourite characters for the latter half of s1. Anything with Iroh would also be great.

(spoilers for Black Sun, pt 2)

Did anyone else feel a ‘game-y’ vibe from the Gaang looking for the Firelord, and finding a mini-boss – Azula + Dai Li mooks – instead? Also, I would hate to be a grown-up redshirt on the Avatar’s side; look at what happened to Ba Sing Se, and now to these guys. Good thing the Northern Water Tribe didn’t fall, or the scores would really be one-sided…

The next episode, according to IMDB, is titled The Western Air Temple. Just sayin’.

Great stuff. I love the “epic” battles, but I thought the showdown between Zuko and the Firelord, while cool, to be too brief.

For example, I enjoyed Katara’s battle with the Puppetmaster much more. Though, I think even that was a bit too brief.

Can’t wait to see where Iroh shows up. But damn, I hate the new guy’s voice. :(