Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

Domo arigato, Robot Potato.

I’m Spader! Spader! Spader!

Surely for this film, it’s got to be Potatotron.

For science, you monster.

Elizabeth Olsen has been cast as Scarlet Witch.

Isn’t she a bit…lightweight?

Did you see Martha Marcy May Marlene?

She’s also in the Oldboy remake.

I think she has the chops to play a mutant witch in Avengers 2.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Kick-Ass, and Kick-Ass 2) has been cast as Quicksilver.

I really wish they’d cast Twiki as Ultron…

OMG OMG OMG!!!

Paul Bettany to play the Vision.

Good news, although I hope the cast doesn’t get too large to be manageable. Ultron, Vision, Scarlett Witch, Quicksilver–a lot of new faces will be vying for screentime. Whedon’s an ensemble master, though, so I’m optimistic.

Also Ms Marvel confirmed to be in the movie in some capacity.

Seriously? This is getting crowded. I don’t know if we mentioned it in this thread but War Machine will be in there as well.

Hopefully some of these characters will have something closer to cameo status.

I’m assuming that in this one the generic female SHIELD agent Nick Fury talks to while spouting exposition will be named Carol Danvers instead of Maria Hill.

Oh, that Ms Marvel. I guess that makes more sense, since we don’t even know the new one’s powers yet.

Pretty unlikely. Maria Hill is well known enough in the comics that wouldn’t fly, plus the persistent rumor (at least I think it’s still a rumor, I never saw it confirmed) is that she (Cobie Smulders) be joining the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. show when she’s done with How I Met Your Mother.

Jarvis turns into the vision(this is a guess, not a spoiler). This is getting really cool.

That’s possible. In Marvel’s Ultimate Universe, Carol Danvers has no powers and is essentially the Maria Hill character - the sometimes head of SHIELD. But the solicits expressly say Miss Marvel -not Ms, and not Captain Marvel, and some blonde actresses have been named, so it sounds like at least a cameo for Carol in full garb and powers.

I wonder if Marvel could include a Spider-Woman character – I suspect not, as that’s probably owned by Sony as part of its Spider-man license.

Might depend on which Spider Woman. Although none of them have ever really had much to do with Spiderman.

Yeah, but given the way licensing agreements work, she is likely included as part of the spider “family” that was granted to Spider-man, the same way all mutants are in the X-men grant, and all characters that first appeared in Fantastic Four are confined to that grant.

Your statement is also untrue - in the Ultimate Universe, which is the template for many movie elements, Spider Woman is Peter Parker in cloned female form, heh.