Avengers 3: Infinity War

Josh Brolin really IS Thanos. Wow.

so good. So, what’s the slate for next year? Black Panther in Feb, this in May, Ant Man in fall?

I was about to ask if they were trying to avoid revealing one of the major developments from Thor Ragnarok, by playing coy with Thor.

Then I saw the post title scene. So, be warned, Thor Ragnarok spoilers in the last 5 seconds.

This is the movie I’ve been waiting for my entire life.

Yes and no. Black Panther in February. Infinity War in May and Ant-Man and the Wasp is July 6.

Also…

Oh no! Spoilers for Black Panther! He survives his movie to make it to Infinity War.

I still get the shivers from hearing the Avengers theme. Good job, Alan Silvestri.

They’re being cagey with the baddies.

I’m bummed they introduce the Outrider here as simple army fodder.

None in the fall? Huh. Or four movies next year? That seems extreme.

Nope. I think the intention was to build quickly from Thor into Infinity War and then Ant-Man and the Wasp introduces the Multiverse before Captain Marvel hits the following spring.

Also, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is back on Friday with Coulson In Space. TV might be a little more tied in with the cinema again. The show has been awesome so I’m expecting good things.

Oh god, me too, was so happy to hear it again.

Thanks for the warning.

My inner nerd squees. So much cool stuff in the coming months.

See now I have this concern that this is all just building up to one big movie-long setpiece fight scene, and I couldn’t be less interested in watching CGI super heroes just whale on each other for two hours. It’ll be like watching Return of the King again, just with fewer endings (maybe).

I’m probably just getting old, but my patience with, and interest in, fight scenes is seriously waning. I think my favorite fight scene is still the end of Sanjuro, where Toshiro Mifune faces down his enemy and the fight begins and ends with a single sword stroke. Also a geyser of blood, but what are you gonna do, movies.

Wow, we are VERY different people.

“My concern is that all these athletes taking the field may just end up playing a sport! I hate that!”

Oh wait, I get it! The natural state of a muscle bound character with crazy super powers must be beating the ever living shit out of some other similarly lumpy character. I just need to shift my assumptions! How could my worldview have been so wrong for so long?

100% agreed. I love that theme.

My main concern, as with most if these superhero movies, is that they likely won’t give me a reason to give a damn about the villain at all. I’m sorry but Thanos just doesn’t interest me, at least not the incarnation in the comics. So far, I don’t see any evidence that Marvel will evolve the character beyond his comic persona, which is the most boring thing possible.