Avengers 3: Infinity War

I clicked on a link for toys/action figures for the movie, wondering if there was anything my 10yo son might like, and got hit with 2-3 spoilers.

and I thought you were a reasonable person

Heh, selective quoting! I just think the first movie was kind of… well it wasn’t good.

I didn’t care for the first movie much either, thought it was kind of dull. I liked Steve Rogers though. And the second movie was much more interesting.

I love current Captain America, as a member with the others. I had zero, like if possible, less than zero interest in Captain America growing up. This one though… Avengers made me really connect with a lot of these characters I never did before. Most the origin movies are just not great, but I am so glad we have such a great cast doing these characters for this big stuff.

Also, I pre-ordered five tickets for this movie on opening weekend. Now to fill the seats, I have one thus far. This reserved seating stuff means I can’t let these folks wait to last minute anymore!

While most the origin movies tend to be a little slow I thought the first Captain America movie did a good job. Think of all the things in that movie that are in the later movies. I think it also established the Captain’s motivations and his personality earlier than some of the other characters.

We will be seeing the Black Panther this weekend.

Sure, and it set up Cap as an interesting character. I just think that, as a stand-alone movie, it didn’t show me much that was very interesting. Red Skull was a pretty standard crazy Nazi bad guy, just you know with a red skull, and it all just seemed to be setting things up to get to the last scene, which I also liked.

Let me put it this way: if I’m flipping channels and Iron Man is on, I’ll stop and watch. If I see the first Captain America is on, I’ll just keep flipping.

See, I find Tony Stark annoying as hell. He is the good guy who you aren’t really supposed to like I think. Had CA not come along I might have ignored the Marvel movies, I know my wife would have. Although we have basically loved all of them, I can honestly say the Iron Man movies, especially #2, are pretty forgettable.

If Iron Man was not as good as it was, I doubt any of us would be here today. That movie pleasantly surprised a lot of people, and they paid to go see it even. And no, I don’t rank the first as automatically the highest for any of them, I will watch Iron Man when it’s on too… never Cap 1.

If Tony Stark were an actual human being that I had to spend any time with whatsoever, I would hate him. He’s pretty insufferable. But as a movie character who is trying to bend his genius toward creating lasting peace but who just cant stop screwing it all up, I find him highly entertaining to watch.

I think I have one reason why I don’t care as much for the first Captain America movie - he’s way more interesting as a fish out of water in his later movies, and acting against the other Avengers in those movies. His whole Boy Scout thing isn’t quite as interesting against a WW2 backdrop for me.

Captain America was once just a throwaway Easter egg in Iron Man 1. We were all so young then.

I have a soft spot for the first Captain America movie because it was directed by Joe Johnston, who also directed The Rocketeer, which is an all-time favorite movie of mine. It was a decent movie, I think, but my all-time fave Marvel movie is still Winter Soldier.

Now see, the fact that Joe Johnston directed the first movie made it even more of a disappointment because it’s not nearly as good as “The Rocketeer”, not by a long shot. I need to grab that Blu-ray too, like stat!

Oh I wasn’t expecting it to be as good as the Rocketeer, because come on, so I was fine with it. And yeah, get the blu-ray, it looks GREAT. Sadly it has no special features, but it looks GREAT.

But it could have been, I think. You already have a leg up because Steve Rogers is a more interesting character than that guy who wore the Rocketeer jetpack. Steve has always been an underdog who finally gets a powerful body to match his big heart, what could they have done with that? Besides shoot Nazis I mean, and I’ve seen Raiders of the Lost Ark like a million times already.

Joe Johnson on Cap 1 is the biggest waste in the MCU apart from Chris Eccleston as the villain in the absolute snorefest that is Thor 2

Oh it TOTALLY could’ve been, but like I said, I went it not expecting it to and it made it a much better watch. ;)

I dunno man, Sam Rockwell in Iron Man 2 is up there for me.

That was pretty rough, yeah.

And to be clear, Johnson was wasted only because he deserved *checks Wikipedia*. . . $140m to make a Rocketeer sequel.

THAT I a billion percent agree with.

And I haven’t even seen the Thor movie with Chris Excleston because man did that first one suck. Kinda want to see the new one though because Hulk rules.