Avengers 3: Infinity War

He’d be an ass to risk it.

You know both times I typed that, I thought to myself “I’d better get this right”.

You know, with Loki’s powers, he’s like some kind of comma chameleon.

And we just went comma club.

Or at least make a greasy manbun. Maybe ask the Wakandans to shave your head or give you some 'locks.

Chris Evans repeats that “Avengers 4” (whatever it ends up being called) will be his last Marvel movie.

That’s not exactly what he says…

Last year, he filmed back-to-back the final two Marvel movies for which he is under contract — “Avengers: Infinity War,” due in April, and a sequel planned for next year. For now, he has no plans to return to the franchise (“You want to get off the train before they push you off,” he said), and expects that planned reshoots in the fall will mark the end of his tenure in the familiar red, white and blue super suit.

I think we should wait and see where this all goes.

Saying its over is pointless. If they want him back and the money is enough for Evans, it doesn’t even matter if they kill him off in the next movie. They will raise him from the dead and bring him back. How many times did Daniel Craig say he was done with Bond? 743? To quote another Bond, “Never Say Never, Again”

It’s standard stuff for big stars of franchises to say publicly that they are done after their contract is complete. Maybe they mean it, maybe they don’t, maybe they don’t even know, but there’s no harm in gaining leverage by saying you’re willing to walk away, assuming you actually are.

Downey is well past his original contract and said the same thing years ago, but that Marvel money made him reconsider.

I don’t usually watch these morning shows or even brief interviewers but people were saying there is a scene shown in this that hasn’t been show before… I think they’re right. It’s pretty cool for those of us who like glimpses. Stay away from those who don’t want to be spoiled.

It’s also kind of a cute/funny interview, short too.

I suspect actors either love or hate working with Anthony Mackie, with no in between. I’d certainly fall on the “love” side, lol.

A two hundred and fifty page script? That script must have encompassed both Part One and Part Two, there must be an hour or more of deleted scenes, the movie will be at least three hours long, or some combination of the above.

My brother bought tickets.

All 2D shows were sold out for this Saturday afternoon, and there’s no way I’m watching a movie in 3D, so he got a ticket for us for next Saturday May 5. Wooo!

I bought my tickets almost a month ago for this Saturday. I didn’t even have butts in seats. I just kind of picked up some seats and decided I could fill them.

I just remember today (25th) is Infinity War day. Here it is ANZAC day holiday. The first showing starts in about 1.5 hours. All sold out of course.

But I’m not going to watch it until I’ve watched Black Panther on retail, which will be some time in May. So I’m bailing out of this thread until then.

I’m trying to convince the trouble and strife to go see it this week/end.

Movie’s fine. I enjoyed it for what it is, an action adventure spectacle. Doesn’t give room for the characters to breathe, at least for my taste, which I think we all sort of expected, from a basic “How many characters in the movie” POV…

I agree. I was a bit surprised how well it worked considering how many characters, but they do have some experience with it by now. I do have some CGI action fatigue, but this movie is no worse than any other special effect extravaganza in that regard. If you want what Marvel offers, this movie delivers a super-size scoop.

Edit;
Having thought a bit more about the movie, I think I like it better than this might have come across. It is actually amazing how they manage to pull off something of this sheer scale. My grievances are mostly about some of the special effects.

@Scotch_Lufkin: I am happy to report that this movie DOES NOT have too much Spider-Man.

…so, meets the hype?

Yes. Absolutely.

Do not get spoiled!!