Avengers 3: Infinity War

Runtime might be 2 hour 36 minutes?

https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/avengers-infinity-war-45873

This is a theory on that issue that seems fairly logical

I read somewhere that the soul stone is buried in Wakanda under where they grew the special plants that allowed Black Panthers to visit the spirit realm and talk to the souls of the departed. The soul stone, combined with the vibranium enriched soil apparently imparted this ability to the plants.

I think that theory was already ruled out:

Summary

http://www.slashfilm.com/black-panther-infinity-stones/

I’d say there’s still a chance. There’s just enough wiggle room in Coogler’s comment that he could simply be saying he didn’t want to get into the infinity stone stuff in his movie, but that it could still be revealed later to be part of the vibranium/meteorite.

For all we know, maybe Thanos already has the soul stone. He had the mind stone originally; he’s the one that gave it to Loki in his staff in Avengers.

Which, in retrospect, seems like a dumb move.

I dunno. If I give you one dollar today, but it sets a plan in motion that gets me six dollars several years later okay yeah I guess it’s dumb.

I similarly notice elements from Hickman’s Infinity storyline, and one thing I’m thinking that addresses why attack Wakanda while still sticking to Coogler’s comment:

In Infinity, Namor tells Thanos to attack Wakanda in order to save himself/Atlantis. I think for the movie, Thanos asks Loki and he falsely points Thanos to Wakanda. It preserves Coogler’s thought of Wakanda bring mystical without an Infinity stone, and it sets up, I dunno, for the Soul Stone’s real location/reveal after Thanks hits Wakanda.

I don’t remember if they mentioned it in the movies, and maybe I’m getting this from the comics (doubtful; I’m not really a comic reader), but I thought they said that the stones “attract” one another. My guess is Thanos put that stone into play so as to help gather - somehow - the rest of the stones. By being out in the open, the stone somehow draws the others together.

Which, when I read what I just typed, could just be replaced by “Because comics wooo wooooooo”.

New full trailer:

“Oh! You’re using your made up names.”

So excited!

Holy crap, that looks so great.

Thanks for posting this, I knew it was coming today but forgot to look when I got up.

That’s a damned good trailer! This is going to be quite the experience, holy shit.

Whoof. The next month is going to crawl by.

So with Black Panther doing so well as a setup and the insane hype machine Disney can bring does this break Force Awakens opening weekend record? Place your bets!

Man, I really gotta go see Black Panther. It’s super obnoxious to go to the movies nowadays with my schedule. I’m hoping it’ll still be on big screens somewhere next weekend when my gf is out of town. . .

Dude, you so do. It’s making money hand over fist, so it’ll likely be in theaters for a while yet.

I’m not even sure it will break Black Panther’s records.

The Force Awakens had incredible pent up demand. So did Black Panther, more so than other Marvel movies because it had stellar reviews, and the huge draw of being one of the first big minority led superhero movies (sorry Blade).

I’m really looking forward to Infinity War, but I don’t know if the public at large looks at this as anything more than another Avengers movie. Obviously, any studio would kill to have the success of “just an Avengers movie”, but I don’t know if moviegoers will attach the kind of significance to that that they did to TFA or Black Panther.

Yeah. The main issue is I try to restrict my nights out to about 3 a week at most, and most of that gets invested in my RPGs and concerts, both of which are very social and awesome. “Wasting” a night out with friends sitting in silence near each other is kinda frustrating for the ludicrous extrovert in me. The other nights are with my gf, who doesn’t really like the same movies I do or generally have the energy to go out except maybe on Saturdays, when we try to do something, well, more romantic than just a movie.

AKA, Armando watches 2-3 movies in theaters a year :(

That’s about 1-2 more movies than I see in a theater in a year. I’d say hooray for Netflix but that’s mostly for thinking of movies to stick in my queue and then forgetting to actually watch them.

Since we got MoviePass, we’ve been going out to the movies a LOT more, but I hear ya. Most of the time I’d prefer to stay home, but I love going to the movies.