Avengers: Endgame (2019)

I liked Captain Marvel, and have no idea how she will make defeating Thanos a reality, but aside from all that, because I love the Hulk character more than any other since childhood, my “pet” theory is (at least as a side plot) that Tony is necessary to show Bruce how to be an “intelligent Hulk” through some kind of super-sciencey tech, not just a brutish monster, so that when the time comes for a serious “rematch” between Thanos and Hulk (the first of which Thanos was the definite winner because of Thanos’ learned fighting skills which Hulk lacked at the time), … well, Hulk Smash! … but in a highly intelligent way. One can hope.

Summary

I definitely suspect we are going to get some flavor of merged Banner/Hulk. They want to have an evolution in the character and that is one of the big changes in the comics. Not sure if Stark will be critical to that. I suspect it will be more of a couple’s therapy session than high tech.

This is cool, the Snap as a Super Nintendo cutscene

I just watched the trailer for Endgame a few days ago and realize I can’t remember how Iron Man got stuck in space on the GoG space ship.

Can someone refresh my memory, please?

I’ve seen most of the Marvel stuff, but I haven’t seen them in order and may have missed one or two. I wasn’t sure where to post this, so I searched for this thread. I haven’t read it all the way through, so I apologize if this is already mentioned up stream.

EDIT: Oh, dang. I found my answer. I guess I’ve already forgot most of the plot of the last Avengers. ha!

https://www.quora.com/How-did-Tony-Stark-end-up-in-space-in-Avengers-Endgame

The GOTG"s landed on Titan and fought Thanos. After most of them disappeared, Stark and Nebula were left…that ship was the only thing left…so took off supposedly between the 2 movies.

EDIT: beaten with link

Yep, that’s exactly right. I guess I didn’t remember because (as you point out), it happens off the page. (Or I guess it’s a movie, so off the screen.) You just have to assume they took off on the ship and are now floating through space, but it really wasn’t a part of the last movie. In fact, I guess the idea that Stark is now lost /drifting in space is something the trailer reveals.

I’m assuming there will be some onscreen chatter with them. They haven’t really… met.

Well there goes one popular theory…

Dude, spoilers…

How can something that’s NOT happening be a spoiler…unless…

haha, well that was fun. I’ve got to admit that’s not where my mind goes at all.

I’m reminded of this meme:

The Marvel superheroes version of the ol “I cast Create Water, going for 10 gallons, targeting…the inside of the Orc chieftan’s head!” trick from D&D!

Which sadly doesn’t work in modern versions since they specify you can’t create water inside of other creatures… Alas

Dude what DM is allowing that bullshit? You don’t have line of effect to the inside of an Orc’s head, and if you target his nose or something he’ll just be shooting water out his nose for a while. Funny, but not fatal.

Really all Antman needs to do is spam Thanos with the grow shurikens until Thanos’ molecules become so unstable he disintegrates. Or hit the Infinity Gauntlet with a grow shuriken so it falls off Thanos’ hand and no one can use it except him when he becomes Giant Man.

I love all of those ideas.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Arseplomancer

Was really hoping there would a fifth poster of Ant-Man just looking confused.

Get out of my head THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED.

[Ant-Man Face]: Figure out what the fuck is even, like, I don’t know, Jesus what the fuck, where is everyone