Avengers: spoilery question about the end

Mee toooooo

I remember trying to swim like the Man from Atlantis after it aired. It worked!

Namor will never be in a movie because he is too awesome.

Thank the gods! Unless he gets a literal royal ass-whuppin’. Pompous prick doesn’t begin to describe him.

That’s what’s so great about him!

Just one of many things.

where’s that from?

Uncanny X-Men a couple months back, written by Kieron Gillen.

He’s not only cosmopolitan, he’s fabulous.

NTTAWWT.

Apologies for the necro, but this thread is a fascinating read from the perspective of six years into the future!

Like Tom, I had no idea who Thanos was at the end of Avengers (or I knew him by name only), so it’s interesting to read all the discussion of whether he would be the villain in Iron Man 3, or if they’d save him for Avengers 2. And the predictions are fun to read, with some being amazingly accurate, like “Black Widow should be teamed up with Cap in the next Captain America movie” or “Hulk works better when he’s paired up with someone else, he shouldn’t have a standalone movie.”

Anyway, if (like me) you’re killing time waiting for Infinity War, take a look!

I remember being pretty shocked when I was watching Avengers 2 and the guy from the end of Avengers never showed up as the villain. They were playing the long, long game with that ending.

I saw this thread at the top of the list and didn’t realize it was from '12- I thought it was for the new movie. I started reading and was kind of ‘wtf?’, but then I saw the date. Haha.

But you’re right, it was a pretty great read. So many predictions that were actually reasonably accurate! Funniest: Benedict Cumberbatch as Namor- missed it by that much.

Oh hey yeah, when is the Submariner showing up?

His movie rights are contested by multiple parties (who do not include Fox or Marvel), so he’s in limbo for a while.

Acoustic_Rob correctly predicts the main plot of Spider-Man: Homecoming.

I also liked, “A part of me still wants to see Hulkbuster armor come out, even though it’s really very silly, and it probably wouldn’t fit into an Avengers movie. Although it does seem like it might be a little contrived to set up an Iron Man-Hulk face off given how sympatico they were in the Avengers.”

Also, everyone seemed to think that Thanos would be the villain for Avengers 2, with Ultron in the works for Avengers 3. No one realized how long of a game they were playing!

Also also: A little over 24 hours until Infinity War.