Awesomenauts

Just picked this up in the steam sale. I really like it! It reminds me of SSB, but with a moba twist. Absolutely great.

It needs a little more characters though… I mean, 12 or so charactars in any MOBA game is just way too small when Dota has 100+, as does League.

I also really love games that let you do PC splitscreen! It’s so rare, but it’s nice.

I plan to give this some time tomorrow, bought a 3 pack for friends, so I’ll see how it goes.

Picked it up last week and I enjoy it so far. Seems like a nice 2d spin on the genre plus runs great on the laptop. Dota 2 ran like a hog so I can’t fairly compare it to that. Games seem to be shorter then LOL which I think is a plus, others may not.

I enjoyed this a lot on the xbox, but I’m definitely enjoying GOME far more

It makes me think if maybe in the nextgen one of the big two, MS or Sony, will go forward and make a Steam-like approach to their digital services.

It definitely won’t be Microsoft if Win 8 is any indicator.

Oh man… just coming off this amazing post-game high. This game. It has everything I like about this genre and nothing I hate. Simply amazing.

I was playing Voltar, the healer brain. At the beginning, I saw I was matched against a full team, and I had…bots. Great. So, I decided to fight on nonetheless. The good news is that my patience was rewarded when a couple folks joined the game on my side. The bad news is that they were…not so good.

Thus began an amazing 30+ minute match, which eventually led to all of our towers being burned down to the loss of one of theirs. Not good. And then my team bailed…

…only to be replaced by AWESOME players! With me guarding the base against the puffer-fish man that kept trying to backdoor us, my new team attacked again and again, whittling down the enemy defense. With our drill at about 30% the enemy team did a massive, coordinated push, risking it all…and lost everything. Our counterattack swept the field. Everyone on both sides was talking about what a great game it was.

I was deeply entertained by the game of cat and also cat that went on between puffer-fish man and I. He kept trying to sneak in, but his character has so few HP, even my healer could kill him. Basically, he was trying to use his character in a role he wasn’t really suited for, but he was skilled at controlling him, so that sorta evened out.

Ronimo Games has turned to Kickstarter to raise funds for an Awesomenauts expansion.

Awesomenauts: Starstorm

New maps, new heroes, spectator mode, twin-stick support, and stretch goals for a map editor.

Anyone playing the Awesomenauts free weekend?

Despite hating MOBAs I’ve been really enjoying this. A lot more depth than the Saturday morning cartoon aesthetic suggests. Haven’t won an online match yet but I keep puzzling out better strategies and builds. I might end up buying the expansions for this, something to dip into here and there.

-Todd

Maybe you don’t hate mobas then!

-Todd

This is going F2P on May 24th.

If you played Awesomenauts before April 26th, you get “Founder” status. You get an exclusive portrait and medal, and any characters you’ve unlocked, you’ll keep.

If you own the game before May 24th, all characters will be in your roster for free via the “All Nauts Pack”

“Awesomepoints” are the new F2P currency used to buy cosmetic stuff as well as new characters if you don’t have the All Nauts Pack.

Actually I did a little more reading and it seems you need the base game and 2 main dlcs to get upgraded to the allnauts pack.

Even better, if you own the base game plus both expansions before May 24th, you’ll automatically be upgraded to the ‘All Nauts Pack’! This grants you every 'Naut, forever.

I picked up the missing dlc from humblestore on sale, now when I logged on I see this. :)

Put about 2 hours into it today, its fun! Mostly co-op vs AI bot battles. :)

At least there are people playing, I made it into every game today in under a minute.

I received a recruitment code that gives a free character if anyone wants it. If you use it and reach profile level 8, I earn in game credits.

MH4A-PZA8-8QSW

Came across this on their site, in case anyone here is gonna play when f2p hits.

I bought the game along with the two condensed DLC expansions on some sale a bit back, but never played. I logged in and played the tutorial today. I didn’t get a comforting screen about the all 'nauts forever pack. I see all of them unlocked in the Armory, but the DLC is not showing in my Steam library. Should I be worried? How do I know that they know that I should have the forever pack?

On the main menu , there is a little news area at the bottom left corner, click the one that looks like this:

It should show you this screen then.

Ah! I opened up the news thingy and saw the above screen. Thanks!

If anyone wants to play vs the AI, I will be on most of the night.

I’ll be on later tonight after 10pm eastern if anyone wants to play. :D

First of 5 new nauts has been added with the new patch.

Awesomenauts 4.1: Dawn of the Renegades! Also patch notes:

http://awesomenauts.gamepedia.com/Patch_4.1_(14_June_2017)