Azeroth Choppers

Team Alliance and Team Horde duke it out with the assistance of Paul Jr.'s motorcycle design expertise to create a chopper that will become a free in-game WoW mount.

Grab a front-row seat for the ultimate road showdown! Legendary custom motorcycle designer Paul Jr. has assembled two handpicked teams of bike experts to bring to life a pair of asphalt-kicking chopper designs inspired by World of Warcraft®’s two warring factions. Joining each crew on their epic quest are members of the World of Warcraft development team, on board to help to infuse the essence of the Horde and the Alliance into each bike. In the end, only one chopper will reign supreme as the undisputed king of Azeroth’s roads in a winner-takes-all showdown voted on by World of Warcraft players around the globe.

Yup.

I…would have expected this to be part of Blizzard’s April Fools.

I dunno. I mean, after a cursory image search of some of Paul Jr.'s work, I’d say that at the very least we’re going to end up with a couple of pretty cool and unique looking motorcycles.

Isn’t there already a chopper mount in the game?

Pshaw. Guild Wars 2 already has choppers and they look like this:

-Tom

I can’t wait for the tears when one faction gets a free mount and one doesn’t.

Yep there is. The Mechano-hog/Mekengineers chopper were introduced in WoTLK as engineer craftable mounts. I’m all for more mounts though and since I have characters on both factions I’ll be getting one anyway. I have to say I was surprised a bit by the tank tread style wheels on both models. They didn’t show any footage of that kind of setup running, but I cant imagine that would be a smooth ride. I’m looking forward to seeing where they go based on the frames they showed.

I betcha they give out both of them, or make the losing side a real-money purchase.

Everybody is going to vote for the faction their main is on, and alliance outnumbers the horde, so it’s actually not much of a competition.

I’m not a huge WOW fan but saw ads for this from Diablo and Hearthstone, I thought it was an animated thing like red vs. blue, imagine my surprise when I saw the kid from American Chopper doing two bikes. Hooked.