Baby Mama

Is anyone else looking forward to this? I love Tina Fey and Amy Poehler together. Granted, this doesn’t look like much of a stretch - Fey will be doing her harried smart-girl thing, and Poehler will be playing that character she does on SNL, the chick who’s “rockin’ one leg.” Still, it looks good.

Weren’t you the one that was making fun of Owen Wilson for producing boring schtick? What was the trailer/description that convinced you this would be anything but a second rate comedy for men to punished with?

Looked genuinely funny to me. Not every comedy has to be about dudes.

I will see this movie if someone pays me $30. They have to buy the ticket, too.

-Tom

Tom, I don’t know how you missed that the stars of the movie both have vaginas and are from SNL. That equals funny in my book.

Anyway, I would love to see what has put the “genuine” in this movie’s funny. Please help me.

I’m with jerri and Athryn.

Though it’s mostly cos I stalk Tina Fey. I’m stalking her now. This is being typed from my Motorola Q.

I don’t know why, but I have a feeling it won’t do all that well. Like a less than $20m opening type result.

Being a huge fan of UCB, 30 Rock and both women individually (although not from my car), I will definitely see this one soon.

88% on RottenTomatoes with 9 reviewer reporting in. I thought it looked awful too, but I do like Tina Fey…

BTW, just to put it in perspective, you’d have to pay me $40 to see You Don’t Mess with the Zohan. But I will see Speed Racer for only $10.

-Tom

Yeah. “A tailor-made girls’ night out movie”. Sign me up. It sounds like a bunch of guys too whipped to admit they thought it was the female equivalent of that stupid Adam Sandler gay parent movie. This looks like TNT material at best.

Then again, I’d only watch 30 Rock if you could splice the parts with Alec Baldwin together without any of the fluff.

Given that I keep seeing banner ads for the movie right above this part of the board, it looks to me like you’ve already been paid $30.

:-)

This looks DVD rental funny!

I have comedy crushes on Tina Fey, Amy Poehler AND John Hodgman, so I’m gonna try and see it.

That’s why your opinion doesn’t matter.

(Sorry, it’s really hard to post here without resorting to smarmy internet hyperbole.)

I’m not expecting more than a couple of good bits, because of the phoned-in premise. It’s already as tired as the “Will Ferrell out goofballs his inherently goofy job/non-mainstream sport” premise, and they haven’t even done fifty of them yet like Will has.

However, it has John Hodgman and Will Forte, who make me laugh, and babies doing random cute things, which I also enjoy-- but which Angie will go absolutely apeshit over. Plus, even those Will Ferrell movies have some funny parts.

Hmmm. I’m detecting a pattern here. The anger that icky girls are involved seems a little over the top.

I think you can find gynocentric comedy not worth your while without finding girls icky.

I love Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. And John Hodgeman. And Will Forte. And I am rockin’ the mommy hormones right now. So yeah, we’ll be seeing it.

Oh noes! Someone get Matt a beer stat!