Back 4 Blood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WYlMdEa8sc

4/12/22

There’s a double XP weekend in effect for this. Me and @Jason_McMaster plan on jumping back in after being away for several months. If anyone else is interesting in checking it out and would like some company, let us know. We’d love to join to have you join us!

-Tom

Patches of Notes

NOW they’re doing vote kicking? What a bunch of A-holes.

In all my time playing Left 4 Dead random games - and I played hundreds of hours of them - I did rarely encounter people doing toxic vote kicking. The far more likely scenario was kicking someone who was griefing, being a huge asshole, or being bad and uncommunicative (“bad” is certainly subjective and I did occasionally see people try to do votes when there didn’t seem any need for it).

After my initial play of this game I took a break for a bit and then revisited it. My own experience with pickup play with randos was worse than the months following launch (and it wasn’t great then). In one game two guys spent the beginning telling a third person he needed to leave because they were going to PK him as soon as we left the safe room, because he sucked so bad. This was ironic; one of the guys was good at the game but his “friend” was awful and actually the worst player on our team. People deliberately friendly firing was still rare but this wasn’t the only time I saw it (and was the victim a few times, but no discernable reason).

Also not common, but hardly rare, were people who were just massive assholes. At any perceived mistake the berating would begin.

Vote Kick would have made all of this so much better. It wouldn’t fix all of the griefing I saw (Turtle Rock can say all they want about potential vote kick “toxicity” but I saw a lot of people who just deliberately triggered car alarms/birds repeatedly for lulz or whatever, but you can’t always win those votes), but it would fix some of it. And I saw way too much griefing for a healthy multiplayer game (much more than L4D).

Here’s the trailer.

Well, that certainly makes me want to play again. Or at least pine slightly for the time when I was playing before. I’m guessing they never undid the update that turned this from a deck-builder into a slurry of desultory skills?

Almost 75% off. :P

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/back-4-blood-pc/

11-25-2022 12-12-12 PM

The River of Blood DLC expansion hits today.

Have you still been playing, @mono? Or @lordkosc? I’ve barely touched it since they changed the way the cards worked, which I’m assuming never got changed back. If you’re still playing, did you guys adjust to that, or did it just never bother you?

I haven’t been playing, and more recently have been poking about with Darktide, but I want to check out the new expansion.

The card system never reverted back to the original, so if you didn’t like the change, you still won’t!
I haven’t let it bother me much, since I’m mostly in it for the survive by the skin of your teeth co-op play.

I think I’m going to uninstall the unfinished Darktide at this point and go back to B4B for my horde-kill satisfaction.

Going into maintenance mode.

“This is not a goodbye.”

Anyone play the final chapter dlc? Was there an actual river of blood?

@lordkosc I played a couple rounds of the final chapter DLC with my cousin. It was entirely forgettable - uninstalled it immediately after. Zero rivers of blood.

That’s false advertisement!

:D

I DEMAND MY RIVER OF BLOOD, YOU BASTARDS

I WANT TO TALK TO YOUR MANAGER

There was a river and there was blood!

I’ll say that I thoroughly enjoyed B4B and all the expansion DLC episodes. Granted, it may have a lot to do w/ the basic co-op experience, hanging out w/ friends, but I had a blast. I’d play through episodes again anytime.