Back 4 Blood

I hope some of the feedback/concerns I’ve read in this thread are the sorts of things that are making it back to the dev to address. Because cumulatively they’ve put me in a holding pattern on this one at the moment.

June 22 was their original launch date so the build we played would have been v1.0.

Its included with gamepass, so as it stands now I’ll stick with that until it hits deep sale price on Steam.

Also shocking I know, but I can’t sign on now because the profile server is in maintenance.

I’m not completely sure which difficulty level we were on at the time, as I wasn’t party leader, but during one run we had fog, super fast commons, shockwave floaters, armored and ferocious ridden, and extra birds. It was awesome (we burned all our continues). It was also the first time I think we had snitches show up.

I will probably use that crunchy roll offer for 3 months of game pass pc for B4B and Humankind. My japanime obsessed daughter can watch the cartoons on crunchy roll and I’ll burn out on B4B. :)

Unfortunately, I refunded my pre-order. I felt it was more of the same and I already have WWZ, Zombie Army 4, Killing Floor 2 and CoD’s Zombie mode. Back4Blood is fun but not sure the replay factor is there for me to come back to so I am going with the wait and see approach and see how release is.

Cyberpunk 2077 went “gold” too!

My game pass app is telling me I can play in the beta from Aug 12-16 as a game pass member. But wait, it’s already gold? So the feedback from this beta is for the day one patch, I suppose.

Their original launch date was June 22. What we played was going to be 1.0 anyways for that June 22 launch.

Just got sucked into 90 minutes of the beta.

It is Left 4 Dead all right. Still a blast, even without microphones. Graphically, it doesn’t feel that advanced over L4D, but apparently it’s designed to run on last gen.

With that said, the appearance of the game cards and deck gave me a horrible feeling that this game is going to be monetized up the wazzoo. It’ll make me miss the purity of L4D.

I posted this a while back, but apparently not:

I suppose we’ll just have to see.

The quality of pickup games - in terms of the people playing - in the beta so far leaves me worried about the future of coop gaming like this. A few gems. A good bit of people learning the game. A large amount of trolls and blithering idiots.

To be honest, that was often the case when we played L4D back in the day, and even as recently as Vermintide. Consequently it’s rare I play anything coop without friends, which admittedly limits how much I can play…

Our group is going to wait for this to go on heavy sale before picking up. Or just return to L4D2 and WWZ in the interim.

Same as it ever was. I fired up L4D2 with a friend since we’ve concluded we’re wait and see on B4B.

Played The Parish today and crossing the bridge is of course a challenge. And to your point about trolls we had a 4th jump in at the bridge crossing and they proceeded to speed run it, in order to trigger everything on everyone else. Typical troll behavior.

Unfortnately for said troll we’re a solid team and completed it with only 3 of us doing it properly.

And at the chopper troll tried and failed to kill us before we could get on the chopper.

When that failed he dropped. Troll fail.

Rule #1 of coop: always play with enough friends that you have majority on vote kicks ;)

Yup, the majority of L4D’s community is pretty toxic. It’s funny seeing people slam B4B’s beta versus mode because of players quitting early because L4D is no different. Very rarely would we get past the first or second map before 1-2 people quit. Most people who joined mid-game would either immediately quit or troll.

I’ve never played L4D with anyone but friends.

Not for me. In hundreds of hours doing drop in coop in L4D2 it was rare.

Turn off cross play. I have yet to come across a random console player that doesn’t act like the game is a solo speed run. My luck with random pc gamers has been better - although still far from great.

My two big issues with the game

1. I really don’t know how this card system works, and it’s poorly designed for those of us sitting 9 feet from our TVs. You can’t read shit.

2. The campaigns, or “runs”, are simply too long. They’re like 8 acts each.