Bad Job Interviews

Gav’s lunatic filter questions reminded me of this: When I was going through the screening process for the Big Brother program, there was a fairly rigorous interview process. A case worker sits down with you for a couple of hours and talks about a wide range of things, starting off with stuff about why you want to volunteer, what your childhood was like, what sort of activities you would do with a Little Brother, and so forth.

Then, without any sort of seque, she asks ‘Why do you think someone would want to have sex with a child?’ It was pretty startling, but I wonder if the placement of the question was intentional, to try to catch someone off guard and see how he reacts.

-Tom

Because if they start giving you crap you can just lock 'em in the closet?

Uh. I mean, yeah, why the hell would anyone want to have sex with a child? That’s sick!

During basic training in the Navy one of the medics asked me if I was circumcised. At the time, I had no idea what circumcised meant, so I just guessed and told him no. I guess I didn’t sound too sure of myself so he asked me if I knew what it meant, and mentioned that most people weren’t, while making a vague gesture toward my crotch. The reference to my privates got me so flustered that with much conviction I said, “I think I ought to know.” He jotted uncut on my permanent record.* Heh, I am just glad he never checked.

[size=2]*Makes you wonder why they complie that particular data point, huh?[/size]

Peregrine hawk

Dude, it’s a falcon, not a hawk.

No wonder he didn’t get the job!

So Greg… I hear your wife is a cute little number. :P :P

So Greg… I hear your wife is a cute little number. :P :P[/quote]

Is she single?

At the draft for the Swedish military, they send out a questionnaire where one of the questions is something like “Do you have two testicles?”

Great. Big Brother thinks that Tom’s a Replicant…

Meaning that they’re not really concerned whether you might have three or only one, they just want to know if you have two.

So Greg… I hear your wife is a cute little number. :P :P[/quote]

Is she single?[/quote]

Pics! Pics!

Meaning that they’re not really concerned whether you might have three or only one, they just want to know if you have two.[/quote]
I think it makes it easier to ask for specifics later. Though, why they would want to ask about it in the first place is just weird.

Communists have only one testical - everyone knows that.

Yeah, and they wear it around their neck on a chain, for identification purposes.

Yeah, and they wear it around their neck on a chain, for identification purposes.[/quote]

No Pics! No Pics!

That just begs the question — what happened on the other one?

It’s a variant of the “Hitler had one ball” theory, which is a variant of very old animistic theories about inner moral defects being expressed through outward physical defects (which Catholicism inherited, if I remember correctly). Communism = bad person from birth = 1 ball. It makes things a lot easier if you can’t catch it.

It’d be much more interesting if commies had one of their balls removed in a secret ceremony when they become a member of The Party or something.

It’d be much more interesting if commies had one of their balls removed in a secret ceremony when they become a member of The Party or something.[/quote]
You might find it to be intelligent of you to not continue your line of reasoning, tovarish.

Da. Dehr are less painfool vays to take von for ze Rodina.