Bananas and Nuts

I’m going to jump on the bandwagon. Tom, I also really appreciate all of the hard work you do here. This is by far my favorite community on the internet and the majority of the things I love about it are in no small part thanks to you. I have participated to a certain degree in this whole mess and would be lying if I said that I wasn’t highly entertained by it. I am sad that many of us couldn’t accept and honor your wishes, but I hope that this serves as a wake-up call to all of us and that we can be mature enough to leave this behind us. This being the internet, however, part of me doubts that is possible.

Yeah ditto. I’d like to offer an official apology to Tom for all the times I’ve pissed him off, which I can quite clearly remember, and all the times that perhaps I didn’t even know that maybe I pissed him off, and all the future times which I may or may not spit flames on a fire.

This is the only Gaming+Other forum where 99% of the posts are done with perfect grammar (or as good as perfect) without l33tspeak or KAIHAIKAKAKA type bullshit, and it’s mainly because of Tom+crew.

Yeah, I’m with Rimbo, for once. ;)

Tom’s built a wonderful community here. Though most are of strong opinion (could anyone survive otherwise?), there’s little of the BS, hubris or egomania that taints most Internet forums. Ideas are free to exchange, but idiocy and sycophancy are quickly put in their place. And all without any heavy-handedness.

Despite the strong personalities of the participants, discussions 'round these parts are often much more civil than elsewhere. And there’s a definite level of articulateness that other sites could only dream of.

A lot of this is exemplified by the head honcho. Tom, you’re as opinionated and strong-willed as any of us, but never less than respectful. Whether one agrees or disagrees with your stance on Game X or Issue Y, you always state your position clearly enough that everyone can at least understand it. And I think people respond in kind.

It would be a shame if this place lost that steady guiding presence.

Since this has turned into the thank Tom thread; Thanks Tom!

Thanks for all the behind the scenes work you’ve been doing to make this forum such a great place.

Quarter To Three is one of the four places on the internet I bother to visit on a daily basis, and the reason for that is the community that you’ve had a large hand in creating and sustaining. The fact that people on the forums understand NSFW and how to type in proper sentances are things that are all too rare.

It seems a real shame that QT3’s moderation could be over because of some kind of ridiculous meme (seeing the rise of spam posts today I’m guessing that the entry filter has been turned off as part of the new era of no moderation). I’m sure there are many folks here who wouldn’t mind helping out with moderating should that be what is required.

Thanks again for all the hard work, I hope the forums can soldier on through this somehow and continue to be the fine place that I’ve always found them.

The chart should be updated to reflect the occultation of Tom and the sudden immigration of the unwashed.

tom is no longer vetting new accounts.

and changed the forum rules to reflect this

¡Tomas poner en el foro una vertiginosa! “Basta ya”, pensó. “También me va a crecer de nuevo el bigote.”

fuck us

That really sucks.

Well I guess he is teaching us a lesson then? :/

Translates with Google as…
Tomas put in a dizzying forum! “Enough,” he thought. “I am also going to grow back the mustache”.

Hey Merritt, why don’t you just do everyone a favor and shut the fuck up.

Banned people are also unbanned.

I think that would be unlike Tom, to punish the community as a whole and damage the quality of the forum just because a few guys like silly memes.

On the other hand, if he wanted to wash his hands of the whole bother…

Liberal use of the ignore function will have to replace bannings, I guess.

Liberal use of the never coming back here works, too.

Burn?

I guess you could say that Tom “Lady” Chick really drank the urine koolaid on the clapstro rule of moderation.

nice first post, asshole.