Banished (survival city building)

A few more dev posts :

The Menu
Two Year Anniversary

Thanks for those links - he is very interesting to read.

I really like the “photo” history of the project! :)

Latest post mentions tutorial and achievements.

I am guessing a release is coming in the next few weeks.

I am looking forward to playing this game! :)

Wow this game looks really impressive, I had not heard about it till now. I love the emphasis on sustainability. I think one of the critical elements of its success will be the balancing, it won’t be that interesting if it isn’t actually difficult.

Wow. I don’t know how much of a game there is behind all of those graphics, but this guy clearly has talents for graphic engine/art design and for writing that stuff up. I really enjoy his step by step presentations.

Also, this game has detailed line graphs!

Sold.
It’s such a small thing, but I’m continually amazed at how many strategy game developers fail to include awesome (simple) graphs. I’m a junkie for that stuff.
My only little concern was that I noticed a radius-ring around the town hall, and that makes me worry that he’s going for an Anno-style system for building functions. I hope that doesn’t dominate the strategy too much, lest every town ends up dominated by the exact same spatial requirements (as is the case in Anno).

But it IS really tiring dragging my felled tree all the way across town to the sawmill!

I like how the graphs form a function of the town hall itself. Makes you imagine all the clerks busily gathering town reports and drawing little graphs for the leaders to consume!

That made me laugh! :)

the inteface is nice and clear. Sometimes is difficult to see it in other games.

This looks awesome.

Steam Page!

Good find!

I was at the game website earlier in the evening looking around for a clue to its release date or something! I am glad he was able to get it on steam.

Hope that means it is that much closer to coming out soon.

If you look at the steam achievements, it has percentages that have accomplished each. There must be a beta going on!

Looks very interesting. Any idea of price yet?

I really like the looks of this one. A medieval SimCity is an easy sale to me.

Mind boogles…why isn’t that a thing? Or a Sci-fi Sim city? Sometimes, I don’t understand why people doesnt make the games I Want to play!

do want

There is a new trailer up on the company site.

http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com

it’s nice, I want it now!! :D