Bards Tale IV announced

It has been pretty easy up until now. I’m doing The Best of Us going to some wizard’s tower and there is one combat that keeps kicking my butt. I must have failed it a dozen times.I think I have one more approach but I may have to see if I can get some XP elsewhere to get more powerful.

Is hard difficulty doable, or do you happen to need the right builds? I’ve been walking around looking for stuff to fight and everything I can find is too difficult for my gang. Three of them are level 8 and one level 7. The couple I’ve tried have kicked my butt.

Edit: The fight I was stuck on was easy on normal. It seems like there is too big a difference.

I must have missed some content, or didn’t make a cohesive group. I think it’s the prior because one of the enemies would one shot my guys. I just don’t know where I left XP on the table.

That’s where I searched around and picked up a little bit. I don’t know if I’m just missing getting into some location,

Krazy is correct, this game is super great. But I am waiting until June for the “big giant mega patch” (directors cut)

That’s what I did. I put it back up to hard after and won a couple more battles. Then it has been mostly puzzles.

Guys this s a great game in so many ways. But until they drop SOME (not all) of the puzzles…

(I am really glad to see this thread ongoing… this is a good rpg…)

Video for the Director’s Cut:

Bad news: coming late summer rather than June. Good news: also coming to PS4 and Xbox One. Director’s Cut free to those who already have the game.

Does it mention if existing saves are compatible?

Yes this a small amount disappointing. I hoped to see the enhanced package this month. This is an astoundingly good rpg fraught with many problems most of which look corrected in this new free expansion. Sigh…

Btw Pathfinder:Kingmaker just laid down it’s ultimate (or penultimate – I am not sure its their last patch) patch. I have played a bunch of it this weekend and it really seems like a lot of solid stuff.

Looks like August 27. Not too long!

Director’s Cut is out, and for those who don’t have the game yet (my case), if you buy it until September 3rd you also get the Bard’s Tale Trilogy Remastered.

Anyway… should I? I never played a Bard’s Tale game, but I could use a good RPG with interesting turn-based combat right now.

Well, that’s an easy decision then. I’d been wavering as it was. Look at me, buying giant RPG’s at the beginning of a busy semester as though I’m going to have any time to actually play them…

Tell me about it… ;)

Wait, director’s cut. Did our Kickstarter copy of the game get automatically upgraded, or is this a separate release? Sorry, I haven’t been keeping up.

It seems everyone with the original game will be automatically upgraded to the Director’s Cut for free.

so who is actually the director and who pressured him to release his work not the way intended? /s

Funny, I downloaded the DC as a new game yesterday – so I have the original and DC as separate games in GOG. I was hoping for an update. Did I move too soon? Is there supposed to be a massive update to the original to update it to DC?

Heh. In movies that might apply. In games, as they get closer and closer to release, you have to cut features and content, and you have to get your list of bugs down to an acceptable amount for release. So I’d say just the concept of a director’s cut from a game perspective would be something with more polished or additional content, and less bugs.

The Director’s Cut also showed up on Xbox yesterday, included on Game Pass.