Bargain Thread 2013

Geez, I went through the entire list and there were only a couple things I’m interested in. I must have reached the saturation point.

11/29 Alpha Protocol 3.24
12/2 Saints Row IV $15

Has anyone figured out how to use that credit? I was saving mine for XCOM Enemy Within, but can’t for the life of me figure out how to apply it. When I follow the link to the credit (included in the email after ordering Bioshock 2), I just get to the generic “PC Games for Sale” page on Amazon’s website, and adding XCOM: EW to my cart doesn’t trigger a credit or anything.

New Humble Weekly is up. A bunch of Pinball FX2 (Steam) stuff.

$1+:
Core Pack
Classic Pack
Earth Defense
Paranormal
Epic Quest

$6+:
Marvel Pinball
Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles
Star Wars Pinball

That’s what I was waiting for.

Excellent. Playing the bare minimum because I’ve bought all these tables on the 360, great to have them on PC now without having to completely pay for everything again.

That’s exactly my plan. With my 360 being retired, it’s time to switch platforms.

Guys, GUYS!

http://www.gamersgate.com/driver

Driver: San Francisco…$5. Worth every penny. I got a copy for the PC even though I own it on the PS3. SUCH an amazing game.

Ignore Brian, he’s wrong.

Wait, it’s not Driver: Space, and Brian gushed over it?

That’s a hell of a deal on those pinball games.

Fuck you, I’m not. :P

I love all types of games, especially great arcadey driving games. :)

Got a email deal from Ubi:

Was the new Splinter Cell that bad, that the price dropped so fast?

SALE LINK

Brian’s not wrong and thanks for the heads up on the Pinball games. I feel a little bad paying the bare minimum but the Amazon sales are going to destroy my gaming budget for the next couple months. :(

And no, the new Splinter Cell is EXCELLENT. I don’t know how well it sold, however.

Dishonored + both DLCs for $13 is another amazing deal. If you haven’t played it yet, it’s my #2 game for 2012. The DLC is great, too.

I’ve completely sworn off anyhting that requires the uPlay client. I haven’t been able to play Trials Gold, Far Cry 3, or Blood Dragon since the middle of the year. (Note that I had been able to play them before.) Ubi tech support just gave up and stopped answering my emails, so fuck them and their shit games client.

New Humble Store deals too, including Europa Universalis 4 for $20 and Half-minute Hero for $2.50

The client is indeed shit, I haven’t been able to use “online” mode in months (around the time my Blood Dragon save got corrupted). Now it just tells me network error every time I launch the client.

Which is why I haven’t bought AC4 yet. :(

Wow, what the heck. My PC must be blessed or something because I’ve never had problems with Uplay beyond having to create a BAT file to enter a cd key (yes, this is really dumb). I’ll have to stop recommending Ubi titles if this sort of thing is so widespread.

Yup. I can’t even buy a Ubi game through Steam because it still forces you to use the uPlay client.

Fuckers.

I’ve played probably 3-5 Ubi titles this last 18 months or so (Heroes VI and expansion, Far Cry 3, stuff like that) and I haven’t had any problems with the Ubi client. I don’t have it installed unless I’m going to actually use it (unlike Steam, which is always there) but when I install, login, and download a game I’ve never had a problem, fwiw.