Bargain Thread 2014

What did you do before Minecraft and the Rogue-like renaissance, when 85% of all games had scripted content?

Same as today - played mostly tbs 4X games and war games

Some new deals over at GreenManGaming.

The Bioshock Infinite season pass is just under 7$.

Company of Heroes titles are 75% off.

4$ Bundle:
[indent]Alpha Protocol
Binary Domain
Crazy Taxi
Viking[/indent]

You can get an additional 20% off these with the voucher on the site, requires 7$ or more in your cart.

If y’all don’t own Alpha Protocol, jump on that shit. Viking is also a good time. Crazy Taxi is good, but does this one have the original music? If so then it’s awesome, if not then it’s okay. ;)

I’ve been meaning to pick up Binary Domain… wait. I already bought it. When did that happen?

When you were in a holiday sale stupor. Trust me, I know how you feel.

Haha. I had the same thing with Rogue Trooper yesterday. That’s 75% off on Steam if anyone is interested.

Another new bundle. 2$
https://www.indiegala.com

[indent]Eschalon 1 & 2
Five Nights at Freddys
Me and Postpocalypse 2
Memories of a Vagabond
Stonerid[/indent]

Five Nights was just released a few weeks ago and really popular with the let’s play/streaming crowd.

IndieGala.com has a pair of new bundles up:

The Monday Bundle lasts all week, but for today it’s only $1.89 to get Steam keys for:
[ul]
[li]Stonerid (side-scrolling platformer)
[/li][li]Memories of a Vagabond (NES-style RPG)
[/li][li]Five Nights at Freddy’s (not sure what the heck this game is)
[/li][li]Eschalon Book I
[/li][li]Eschalon Book II (two very good old-school single character RPS, these are easily worth the $1.89 by themselves)
[/li][li]Me and PostApocalypse 2 Scraping (a zombie FPS, but I think something was lost in the translation) - Desura Only
[/li][/ul]

The Grotesque Bundle gets you an eclectic mix of 10 Steam games for $2.99
[ul]
[li]Wasteland Angel
[/li][li]Post Apocalyptic Mayhem (PAM)
[/li][li]Grotesque Tactics 1 : Evil Heroes
[/li][li]Grotesque Tactics 2 : Dungeons and Donuts
[/li][li]Greed : Black Border
[/li][li]Robin Hood : Legend of Sherwood
[/li][li]Avencast : Rise of the Mage
[/li][li]Space Hack
[/li][li]Crash Time 2
[/li][li]Space Traders : Merchant Marine
[/li][/ul]

For anyone who doesn’t already own most of that bundle (the games have all be bundled in various offerings previously) it’s certainly $3 worth of fun.

The Humble Store is currently having an (end of) summer sale with daily deals and whatnot, and giving away a free game every Monday until the 22nd. Today’s freebie is Warlock: Master of the Arcane, but presumably the site is getting hammered since it’s not yet working for me.

EDIT: Working now, with the implication you can grab a copy for yourself and send another to a friend, which is nice of them.

Pretty sure Crazy Taxi’s original soundtrack did not make it past the Dreamcast. And seconded on Viking, a generally entertaining melee combat game with some neat big-fight set pieces.

Actually not true. The ANDROID version, of all things, has the original Offspring and Bad Religion music.

Aahh, looks like the iOS version does as well. Excellent.

MicrosoftStore.com (and I assume the physical stores as well) is supporting the “buy an Xbox One, get any game free” deal this week, and they’re offering a $50 gift card in celebration of the Minecraft release.

So starting Tuesday and through the end of the week, you can get an Xbox One, Destiny, and a $50 gift card towards another game, second controller, etc. for $399.

Good game once you get past the opening ‘swim here, now swim here, now swim here bit’. Then it’s all monstrous robots and explosions :)

Another new bundle today:

24 hours.

1$ gets you:

[indent]Girls like Robots
Toki Tori 2
Triple Town[/indent]

I loved those. They’re not for everyone, but they can be adorably delightful. TT2 has excellent puzzle design for a game with only a couple controls and no instructions. Triple Town is a match three you play against yourself to build villages without being overrun by ninja bears. Girls like Robots is… something else… just look at the Steam page. ;)

Bumping it up to 8$+:

[indent]Where is my Heart?
Woodle Tree Adventures[/indent]

Wow! Wonder how that happened.

I think Target is doing something similar, and discounting a lot of games to fit under the $50 credit.

Doesn’t the “get a game free” from MS allow a sale from anyone, not just MS? Heck of a time to get an Xbone.

No idea, since the PSN version I have has some crazy-ass OTHER music that just doesn’t work. It’s not Crazy Taxi without The Offspring or Bad Religion.

The Humble Bundle Store is offering Warlock: Master of the Arcane free as part of their End of Summer Sale.

Don’t delay! Offer expires in 21 hours and 20 minutes.

In Canada, CostCo also offers ~25% off 1 year subscriptions to Xbox Live and Playstation Plus this week, in-store only.

Steam today: Monaco: What’s Yours Is Mine - $3.74 - (75% off).

This week in Steam weeklong. What caught my eyes:
[ul]
[li]Cthulhu Saves the World & Breath of Death VII Double Pack - $1.49 - (50% off). JRPG not from Japan.[/li][li]Carrier Command: Gaea Mission - $6.59 - (80% off). Action Strategy thingie.[/li][li]Z - $3.49 - (50% off). RTS.[/li][li]Stealth Bastard Deluxe - $1.99 - (80% off). Puzzle platformer.[/li][li]Descent 3 - $4.99 - (50% off). 3D shooter.[/li][li]Momento Mori - $2.59 - (80% off). Point-click adventure.[/li][li]Project Root - $2.49 - (75% off). Top-down shooter.[/li][li]Septerra Core - $0.74 - (85% off). JRPG not from Japan.[/li][li]kairo - $1.49 - (70% off). Myst-like.[/li][li]Element4l - $3.99 - (60% off). Experimental platformer.[/li][/ul]

I am pretty sure M$ will soon be having a buy one console get one console for a friend sale. :)