Bargain Thread 2014

Check the description under DRM: if it says Steamworks…well, you know what that means. :)

Beats me, but I’m gonna grab the DmC DlC’s today. Along with TxK. I sense a pattern…

Rakuten (Buy.com) has a 12 month Xbox Live card for $39.90 with free shipping.

JA2 is one of the best games ever made, and I’m tempting to buy it just so I can be the only review on Steam and express that sentiment, but am I correct in thinking there’s some weird bugs only in the Steam version of JA2? Were they fixed?

edit: This thread says those bugs are fixed?

Isn’t JA2 that game that has extensive development out of official patches since the source code was released?

I think you should just play the actual newest non-official version. I can’t remember, but there’s a pretty huge community version that is considered like the standard now.

Fiddling with some upcoming releases, I saw you can get the new Thief for $34 from Greenman Gaming with code YOGCST-BESTYT-EVERRR. Not bad. Gamersgate has a sale on all things total war, except the Caesar in Gaul DLC.

Steam today: PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+ $4.99 (50% off).
[indent]All DLCs 50% off. “All you can eat” edition $7.49 is probably the best value. (This game has DLCs? … new courses, skins, music.)[/indent]
Bonus: Descent $3.49 (50% off, ends Feb 18).
[indent]The price you’ll pay for listing this game on Steam while you play the GOG version.[/indent]

f(Courtesy of Hardcore Gamer.)
There’s a massive sale of PC and 360 games and stuff on the Microsoft Store going on now. Examples: Dead Space 3 PC for $10. CoD Ghosts PC for $30. Medal of Honor Warfighter 360 for $5. Astro A30 wireless headset for $110. Diablo III PC for $15. Borderlands 2 PC for $3.
…PC games come on DVDs. How many of us still have a DVD drive on our PCs?

I wonder if they ship to Canada?
Edit: Answer: Nope. The above sale is from the US MS store for US customers only.

Typing of the Dead Overkill (Steam) is $5.09 on GMG after using their 25% off coupon.
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/typing-of-the-dead-overkill/
YOGCST-BESTYT-EVERRR

I do. I put a bunch of stuff in my cart including Diablo 3 and the Injustice Collector’s Edition. Went to a meeting I was late for, came back and every last thing in my cart was Out Of Stock.
Seems like Microsoft should rename these sales to “Get Lucky If Your The First Person To Realize There’s A Sale” sales.
<shakes fist at Microsoft Store in impotent rage>

Lesson: You were already late for the meeting, what’s another minute late to hit ‘buy’ and checkout.

I loved Descent back in the day, but it always made me dizzy even after I finally got over the general dizziness factor in other FPS games (back in the days of yore when it was related to low fps/bad FOV/whatever). Now I get dizzy just watching the video :(

That might explain why I couldn’t find my way back to the sales page from the MS Store home page. Why does MS bother with a physical item store anyways? They’re so much better with xbox live store.

Strangely enough that coupon isn’t working on Typing of the Dead for me. Seems to work on anything else I try it with, though.

Are you sure you typed it in correctly?

Well played sir, well played!

I dunno…for $3.99 I’m tempted to get this bundle just to see what the heck a Woodcutter Simulator is all about.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/extreme-sims-bundle/

So Steam has Company of Heroes 2 for $20, but GamersGate has it for $13.60.

Steam today: Toki Tori 2+ $3.74 (75% off)
[indent]Oh look! This 10% off coupon that was gathering dust actually can be used here. My price is listed as $3.37 (78% off). I’m still not gonna buy it…have to save money for Jazzpunk.[/indent]

Steam weekend: Make War Not Love sale
Actually, Company of Heroes 2 $19.99 (50% off),
and Total War: Rome II $29.97 (50% off).

There’s some weird new marketing promotion where you can win DLCs by playing one or both of these games. http://www.makewarnotlove.com/ for more details.

Play it. You’ll be feeling chipper in no time.

Yeah, the best one of which is called ‘v1.13’. It makes one of the best games EVAR into an even better one. However you need a working copy to use it. IT used to be that the Steam version was so buggy and also incompatible with v1.13. It looks like it’s fixed though.

If people don’t own JA2 and like squad-level tactical games then this is a must-buy. Still holds up really well today.