Bargain Thread 2014

I think warlock 2 might be a $5 title. Id pick it up for the time I was really bored and didn’t have any other games to play.

I just bought Warlock 2 at 50% off for 14.99 USD and I am inclined to agree with you. I was curious as to how it compares to the original and my curiosity got the better of me. I should have waited for a further price reduction.

In honor of the sale and comments here, I read through the Steam forums for Warlock 2. It looks like there’s a fair bit of angst about how they’ve handled the DLC. Apparently, Steam’s ‘Great Mage’ edition (currently $25) includes all the DLC offered via the Steam store, but there’s another $10 in DLC that is offered via an in-game store the developers patched in after release.

I’m sure I don’t really need most of that ‘DLC’ (especially the e-book and soundtrack), but for completionists like me it does hurt the value of any Steam sales. The current total price seems to be ~$35, and it sounds like the game’s core gameplay (and weaknesses) haven’t been changed much.

I’m happy with Warlock 1’s graphics and number of units available, so I think I’ll have to skip Warlock 2 and hope they decide to make a Warlock 3 in a few years.

I predict that Panzer Corps will be one of the weekly specials on Steam.

My prediction technique

<woosh> </woosh>

New round of sales, including:
Cargo Commander for $0.99

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/Weeklong_Deals

Also the daily is a bunch of games developed in Paris:
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/frompariswithgames

This is one very notable game bargain:
[b]The Last Express Gold Edition[/b] - $1.75 - (75% off).

I was just in Dollarama (Ontario Canada) picking up chocolate bars and saw they had a few new big boxes of games for 1,5$ each. Mostly PC. Some garbage PS2/handheld nintendo things.

Picked up Driver: San Fran & a couple Splinter Cells. There were also many Assassins Creeds, Need for Speeds, Duke Nukem Forever and around 20 others I can’t remember. Could be worth checking if you have a local store. Examine the boxes to make sure they aren’t french if you aren’t bilingual.

Yay or nay for Aarklash: Legacy? 5$ on Steam today.

edit: Stopped at another while I was out of town. Many copies of X-Com Enemy Unknown, Divinity 2, Sacred 2 Fallen Angel. There was also a lot of Farcry 2 and the same games I bought at the other location. This one had a few titles for Wii & Xbox, but nothing great.

Nice find man, I love finding stores that sell stuff like that.

On the Apple appstore, Panzer Corps (Panzer General remake) has had a drop from $20 to $10. Matrix games rarely go on sale so pick this up if you want it.

Anything you missed from the Summer Steam sale that you want to pick up now?

Today: Strider - $8.99 - (40% off).
[indent]Cheaper than the Summer sale! Are you glad you waited?[/indent]
Midweek #1: Tomb Raider (2013) - $4.99 - (75% off).
[indent]GOTY for $7.49. Whole franchise is on sale, except for Guardian of Light.[/indent]
Midweek #2: Edge of Space - $5.84 - (55% off). Early access.
[indent]Terraria in space?[/indent]

Time to pick up Strider!

Let’s see what the Atlus roulette says this week for the PSN store?
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/07/15/playstation-store-update-351/

The two Devil Summoner PS2 games are on sale, $3.99 each (from $9.99).
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment PSX is $3.99 (from $5.99).
Persona 4 PS2 is $7.99 (from $9.99).

Some Deep Silver games on sale from Amazon’s Download store this week.

Metro 2033 - $2.99
Metro Last Light Complete - $7.99
Saint’s Row 4 - $15.99
Dead Island Franchise Pack - $8.75
Killer is Dead - $13.39

All unlock on Steam.

The Edge of Space is a midweek madness sale. How complete is it? Is it any good?

Steam today: Magicite - $4.99 - (50% off).
[indent]Terraria in a forest…?[/indent]

I’m told Magicite is more like a 2D Dark Souls II than Terrarria…

Well every indie game now is either a roguelike, a minecraft/terraria, a dark souls, or a tie fighter.

just checking if you guys are awake. It’s a long afternoon here…

Did you say TIE FIGHTER?

I just felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if a pair of voices suddenly cried out “TIE FIGHTER” and were suddenly silenced.