Bargain Thread 2014

I would like to know that, too!

I bought this during steamsale period for a higher price…

The game is playable but a lot of stuff are not really implimented yet. There is currently not really much of a storyline and the Terraria crossover boss is disabled at the moment due to implementation of some other gamemechanics. There are not as many weapons as in Terraria. But when you craft the same weapon again, it receives new random stats every time. So it is kind of a gamble of recrafting weapons or keep the current one. :)
When you start the game there is a counter which tells you when the next update will be. That is pretty neat imo.

If you like this kind of games, i suggest you either buy the Humble Bundle (Humble Weekly Bundle: Zen Studios 3) within the next 5 hours (Signs of Life and Darkout > 6$)
Or you buy Edge of Space now and wait for a little while before the game really matures.

It is almost like a good wine… The longer you wait under the right conditions, the better it will taste over time.

Note that that bundle also contains Edge of Space at the $10 level. So if you’re interested in other games in it you’re better off getting that and skipping Steam. At least, until it expires.

But is it fun!? Kinda interested in these games. :)

Anyone interested in a Magicite 4-pack?

Wolfenstein for $29.99 on Greenmangaming, P36EYA-K5JYKT-ABO7X9 code to make it 23.99.

SOB, that dropped even lower than I thought it would before winter… Summer sale purchase regret , engaged.

Steam today: Starpoint Gemini 2 - $16.74 - (33% off). Early access.

Weekend #1: METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE - $14.99 - (50% off). My keyboard doesn’t not have a stuck caps lock key.

Weekend #2: DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition - $24.99 - (50% off).

Quakecon sale: sales page, for all your quakes, dooms, elder scrolls, wolfensteins, dishonoreds, and fallouts.
Today’s special: Dishonored - $4.99 - (75% off). GOTY is 66% off.

Does Starpoint Gemini 2 have the Brian Rubin Seal of Approval™?

Of note in the QuakeCon sale, Elder Scrolls Online is now available on Steam.

Yes it does.

Might I invite you to my blog where you can find all of my worthwhile opinions, sir? :)

Thanks Brian, I look forward to watching that video later this evening. I’ve been eying SG2 for a while.
-Todd

Oh, you need to get it. It’s so fun. Mix Freelancer with Starfleet Command and you have SG2.

New humble weekly:

1$+
[ul][li]Cook, Serve, Delicious (fun!)[]Out of the Park Baseball 14[]Universe Sandbox[/ul][/li]6$+
[ul][li]Tropico 4[]Turbo Dismount[/ul][/li]10$+
[ul][
]Euro Truck Sim 2[/ul]

Jumped on that for cheap OotP14. That’s even cheaper than I was willing to go to try one of them!

Its not the latest version, however. That’s OOTP15. But still, the differences are minor and a buck is a steal for a year-old version. There are even some online leagues still using 14, if that’s your thing.

Is it controllable with mouse and KB or just joystick?

I’ve only used a mouse and keyboard.

Bethesda is having a sale on their merch until the 21st. $15 t-shirts, $25 art, $45 hoodies.
http://store.bethsoft.com/

I’m well aware of this, but since 15 didn’t get to $10 during the Steam sale, I’m fine with spending even less for the older version so I can actually try one of these games. I’m not a baseball guy at all and haven’t played any of these spreadsheet games, but I want to try one, and not having to spend $20+ to do so is a plus.