Bargain Thread 2014

Massive edition includes the 3 issues/expansions/DLCs. If you were to buy them separately they’d cost you $25, so it’s a decent deal. They further the story, and their repeatable missions help with endgame gearing/grinding, if you’re into that.

Again, even if you’re not into MMOs, it works really well as a single player game with some great writing/puzzles. It’s a really generous F2P model compared to other MMOs. Apart from cosmetics and totally unnecessary boosts, those 3 DLCs pretty much covers all the content there is in the game (well, there is one more, but the story content of that DLC is free, and you’re basically paying for extra side “VR” scenarios.)

Courtesy of Slickdeals, Steam wallet gift cards are 5% off right now at Best Buy…carve that extra savings off the usual Steam sales! Free shipping, no tax.

Steam wallet cards - Best Buy

This price got dropped back to $13.59 again.

And the Editor’s Choice discounts work on it, too.

Didn’t work for me - I don’t see Company of Heroes 2 in the EC list though so maybe it was removed? I’m fine with that since it’s 1/2 off anyways.

It didn’t apply the editor’s choice discount for me and it doesn’t show up on the editor’s choice page.

I picked up NFS Rivals for $22 with my $5 Editor’s Choice discount.

Weird. It definitely did for me. Maybe it got pulled?

Steam Today: Sword & Sworcery EP $1.59 (80% off). Includes soundtrack by Jim Guthrie.

Steam this week:
Syberia $2.49 (75% off).
Syberia II $2.49 (75% off).
Electronic Super Joy $1.59 (80% off).
Syder Arcade $2.50 (75% off).
[indent]Indie left-to-right-to-left arcade shooter. krayzkrok review.[/indent]
Bionic Dues $2.50 (75% off).
[indent]The Arcen game no one has ever played.[/indent]
STORM: Frontline Nation $1.99 (80% off).
Vector $5.59 (20% off).

Steam odds and ends:
Humans Must Answer $6.99 (30% off) until Jan 23.
[indent]Another left-to-right shooter, showed up on GOG last year.[/indent]

New Kingdoms Bundle up at Bundlestars.com

This one is a very nice deal on some older strategy titles. $2.99 gets you Steam keys for:
[ul]
[li]Europa Universalis III Complete
[/li][li]Sword of the Stars Complete Collection
[/li][li]Hearts of Iron III
[/li][li]Europa Universalis Rome Gold Edition
[/li][li]The King’s Crusade (plays a lot like the King Arthur game also from Neocore)
[/li][li]Magika (appears to be just the base game, no DLC)
[/li][/ul]

Pretty much any game on the list is easily worth $3 all by itself. To get all 6 for $3 is pretty awesome.

It’s a crime that nobody did. It’s a rather interesting little game with roguelike missions and an overarcing campaign, and I would personally say it’s easily worth $2.50.

Steam today: La-Mulana $1.49 (90% off).
[indent]WarpRattler’s favourite game. Most challenging Metroidvania game in the world? You decide! It’s only the price of a cup of McD coffee to put this into the backlog for 2016.[/indent]

Steam midweek #1: Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars $4.99 (75% off). “MMORTS”
Steam midweek #2: Hitman Collection $8.99 (80% off).
[indent]Hitman 1, 2, Blood Money, Absolution. Probably all DLCs included, but I didn’t look.[/indent]

It’s definitely up there. I’d go for “favorite Japanese indie game available on Steam,” for sure, and that’s as someone who quite likes the various shmups and Recettear. The only reason I didn’t vote for it as a 2013 GotY is because the PC port came out on not-Steam prior to 2013.

I recommend it to even those of us with less eccentric tastes. I agree with calling it the 2D version of Dark Souls for various reasons that don’t quite work. But you have to accept the fact that it starts to jump the shark after 3 or 4 zones, so hit a walkthrough or give up. Definitely worth exploring the first few zones for $1.49.

Steam today: Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition $2.49 (75% off).

Daedalic is giving away 40k copies of The Dark Eye adventure game here. Get it quick!

Very nice. Thanks for the tip. I’m a fan of point-and-click adventure games and had my eye on this for a while (backlog prevented buying, really).

Amazon added a few more good deals to the Editor’s Choice list tonight.

Max Payne 3 + DLC Season Pass - $7.49 ($2.49 After Coupon)
Max Payne 3 + LA Noire - $7.99 ($2.99 After Coupon)
Max Payne 3 + GTA IV - $7.99 ($2.99 After Coupon)

These all unlock on Steam.

There’s only about six hours left, but GamersGate is offering Master of Magic for $1.80 U.S.

Due to some anniversary (that of FF7?), the Playstation (Europe, Australia) store is offering 50(ish)% off on everything Final Fantasy, including Tactics, Dissidias, XIII-2 and XIV, but excluding FF3.