Bargain Thread 2015

Square Enix runs an Easter Surprise thing, similar to the Christmas Surprise a couple of months back. You’ll get 5 top secret steam games (full versions) for 5.50€. It ends on the 31st.

Humble Store has a 2K sale. Many of their flagship franchises on sale, including 33% off Sid’s Starships, and if you buy any of them, you get the lauded Spec Ops: The Line for free. All Steam Keys.

Steam today: Mark of the Ninja - $3.74 - 75% off.

Steam weeklongs for this week. Let’s welcome April with one of these games:
[ul]
[li]Long Live The Queen - $6.49 - 33% off. [indent]Everyone’s favorite princess simulator/roguelike.[/indent]
[/li][li]Citizens of Earth - $10.04 - 33% off. [indent]ATLUS!!! Released on Jan 2015.[/indent]
[/li][li]Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines - $0.59 - 85% off. [indent]Cheap 2000 game nostalgia. Assuming you’ve played it.[/indent]
[/li][li]Waking Mars - $1.99 - 80% off.
[/li][li]Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers 20th Anniversary Edition - $15.99 - 20% off.
[/li][li]Descent 3 - $4.99 - 50% off. [indent]Descent 1 and 2 also on sale 50% off. That’s a lot of flightstick nostalgia.[/indent]
[/li][li]Zeno Clash 2 - $2.99 - 80% off.
[/li][li]Sentinel 3: Homeworld - $1.74 - 75% off. [indent]Award-winning mobile tower-defense series. So…anyone heard of or played this?[/indent]
[/li][li]Pix the Cat - $7.99 - 20% off.
[/li][li]…and last but not least…
[/li][li]Septerra Core - $0.69 - 86% off.
[/li][/ul]

The Obscure series is finally on sale on Steam too. 50% off each.

New Humble Indie Bundle 14 is live.

$1 or more tier:

[ul]
[li]UnEpic (platformer)
[/li][li]Pixel Piracy (platformer)
[/li][li]Super Splatters (physics)
[/li][/ul]
BTA tier (currently $5.45)
[ul]
[li]Outlast (first-person horror)
[/li][li]Torchlight II (ARPG)
[/li][li]La-Mulana (platformer)
[/li][li]More games to be announced next week
[/li][/ul]
$10 tier:
[ul]
[li]Shadow Warrior Special Edition
[/li][/ul]

Steam today: Gang Beasts - $13.39 - 33% off. Early Access.
[indent]Don’t ask me I don’t even[/indent]

Steam midweek #1: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - $7.99 - 60% off. QT3 thread

Steam midweek #2: This War of Mine - $13.39 - 33% off. QT3 thread

Never heard of it.

I’ve been waiting for Torchlight II to come out DRM-free and it looks like it finally happened, so I guess I’m in. It only took two and a half years. I’ve played a bit of Outlast since I bought it during the last GOG sale and it was nice and creepy, but I eventually grew bored of it. I’ve had La-Mulana and UnEpic for ages but still haven’t tried them out. Never heard of Pixel Piracy or Super Splatters.

I vastly preferred La-Mulana to UnEpic. UnEpic was too much of an RPG for my tastes (I prefer my exploratory platformers to be based primarily on player skill, an area La-Mulana has locked down), and the writing was largely forced nerd humor. The view area didn’t help either; the game is unplayable at anything lower than 1080p, and still isn’t very playable at that resolution because it’s so zoomed out, something you really don’t want in a platformer.

Steam today: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - $19.99 - 50% off.

Steam midweek #3: Octodad: Dadliest Catch - $4.94 - 67% off.

Same, I played on my small Sony Vaio with about the same resolution. I found UnEpic to be quite enjoyable. Many complain about the ‘nerd humour’, but it’s very easy to ignore.

Humble store Adventure mid-week sale:
[ul]
[li]25% off Tales from the Borderlands, Game of Thrones (Telltale)
[/li][li]66% off Broken Sword 1-5
[/li][li]80% off Telltale’s The Walking Dead 1 & 400 days, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Puzzle Agent 1+2, Poker Night at the Inventory 1+2
[/li][li]75% off The Walking Dead 2, The Wolf Among Us
[/li][li]75% off Deponia, The Dark Eye, Memoria
[/li][li]…I’m sure I missed a few more, but no Sam & Max.
[/li][/ul]

The Talos Principle is 50% off, as well. Steam helpfully notified me of that one directly.

I never did the Jurassic Park one, it’s not nearly as good as the Walking Dead or Wolf among Us, is it?

Nowhere near as good. The story and gameplay are pretty awful, but it’s a solid companion to the movies if you liked them. I ended up really enjoying it after I started failing all the QTEs on purpose. It has very satisfying deaths for every annoying character.

Steam today: GRID Autosport - $13.59 - 66% off.
[indent]This is the latest installment of the series. All DLCs 66% off.[/indent]

Steam weekend #1: LEGO games!
[indent]66% off LEGO Batman 3, 75% off Batman 1-2, LEGO Movie, Marvel Super Heroes, The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit.[/indent]

Steam weekend #2: Depth - $12.49 - 50% off.
[indent]Multiplayer team shooter(?) of sharks vs divers. Sounds like promising Youtube fodder.[/indent]

Steam weekend #3: The Talos Principle - $19.99 - 50% off.
[indent]Hey! This is reported already![/indent]

Humble Store WB Games Sale
[ul]
[li]Batman: Arkham Origins - $4.99 - 75% off
[/li][li]Shadow of Mordor - $29.99 - 40% off
[/li][li]Mortal Kombat X Premium Edition (pre-order) - $80.99 - 10% off
[/li][li]Injustice: Gods Among Us / Batman: Arkham Asylum / Batman: Arkham City / Batman: Blackgate - $4.99 - 75% off
[/li][li]Scribblenauts Unlimited / Unmasked - $4.99 - 75% off
[/li][li]FEAR series 75% off ($2.49 / $3.74 / $4.99)
[/li][li]Bastion - $3.74 - 75% off
[/li][li]The Lord of the Rings: War in the North - $4.99 - 75% off
[/li][li]Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - $4.99 - 75% off.
[/li][/ul]

What type of combat does that Injustice game have? Is it like the Batman games combat?

More like Mortal Kombat.

Also, it’s a free weekend (on Steam) for Talisman, which is great because I could download it, play it for 5 minutes and confirm I never ever want to play it again.