Bargain Thread 2015

I do think that the sales serve another purpose; they allow younger gamers to try out different types of games that they might not have ever tried before. Overtime as a new generation grows up I hope that this aspect will continue.

Right now the sales are reaching the saturation point but future kids might be interested in those games. Of course the other side to this is who inherits their parent’s Steam account? That will be interesting to watch; if you inherit then you do not need a sale for the older stuff.

I suppose the same applies to Amazon and iTune et al.

Yes, my steam account will be a part of my heritage to my children. :P

OMG - I have to choose someone to inherit my Steam account?

Yes. The only thing is, it is not possible to split the games in a Steam account (if you have >1 children).

Hopefully we will be part of the singularity by the time I depart my physical form, and everyone can just download games to their brain.

By which time, Lizard Squad will be trying to hack your brain to run malware.

Screw the kids, I want my PC and all my Steam games piled high around my funeral pyre so that I can take them all with me into the afterlife. Maybe then I’ll finally have time to play my backlog.

Just think of the time you’d save vs. actually playing the games! ;-)

GreenManGAming brought back their VIP deals
Pillars of Eternity: $34
Batman Arkham Knight: $45
Total War: Attila: $35
and more

Hitman Collection $7.71 on Nuuvem [Requires Chrome browser, Hola plugin, and PayPal]

Provides Steam key. Collection includes:
[ul]
[li]Hitman Absolution: Elite Edition
[/li][li]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
[/li][li]Hitman 3: Contracts
[/li][li]Hitman: Blood Money
[/li][li]Hitman: Codename 47
[/li][li]Hitman: Sniper Challenge (part of HA:Elite I believe)
[/li][/ul]

Individual titles on sale as well but many don’t provide Steam keys; the Collection does.

-Todd

Well thats what I get for already pre-ordering Pillars and Attila. :(

Gamers Gate are repeating the Steam sale offer of 75% off on King’s Bounty Platinum (The Legend, Armored Princess and Crossworlds)

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DDB-KBP/kings-bounty-platinum-bundle

Other King’s Bounty titles are also discounted - see the link on their front page. The sale appears to finish at midnight GMT today - 11th January.

On the anime side: I’d recommend One Way Heroics, even if it’s been cheaper before (as cheap as 87 cents)

100% Orange Juice is great if you like super-deformed animal-girls and luck-based card games. It’s a lot more fun than I made it sound.

Which Ys game is worth picking up?

All of them!

If you only want one: Oath or Origins.

Oath is a couple bucks cheaper in the weekend sale.

Steam today: Skullgirls - $3.74 - 75% off.
[indent]It appears that the latest Eliza DLC character is free if you buy Skullgirls now.[/indent]

Steam weeklongs this week features 93 games. Some notables:
[ul]
[li]Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - $4.99 - 75% off.[/li][li]eXceed Complete Pack - $4.99 - 50% off. 3 bullet-hell shooters.[/li][li]Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves - $1.49 - 90% off.[/li][li]Gorky 17 / Odium - $0.69 - 86% off.[/li][li]Elven Legacy Collection - $2.99 - 80% off.[/li][li]1C Strategy Collection - $7.99 - 80% off. Incl: King’s Bounty x 3, Fantasy War, and 2 others.[/li][li]FOTONICA - $4.49 - 55% off. (Anyone has tried this? Any good?)[/li][/ul]

Oh my, 1C. A company that makes games that look like I should like them, marred by invariably being worse versions of games I actually like. They’re like a bizzaro version of Paradox for me.

Still every time I see them on sale I consider picking them up.

Razer is having a significant (for them) sale:

Looks like all the systems are already sold out before they even go on sale tho, so don’t get your hopes up for getting a killer deal on a blade…

Haha! I know what you mean. 1C games have to kind of grow on you.

That said, this collection has some of their better stuff in it. Fantasy Wars is the precursor to Elven Legacy, and while it’s an older TBS title, it is still a ton of fun. The King’s Bounty games are fantastic and will appeal to fans of the Heroes of Might and Magic series. Reign : Conflict of Nations is an EU-style game that looks very pretty but suffers from some bad design choices. Still, it is an interesting 4X empire builder set in medieval times, so if you like that sort of thing you may be able to overlook the rough edges. XIII Century is like Medieval Total War without the strategic map gameplay. It’s essentially a series of historical medieval tactical battles. There is certainly dozens of hours of entertainment in the 1C Strategy Collection, even if you only play Fantasy Wars and the KB games.