Bargain Thread 2016

2015’s thread had just under 3000 posts, or 7 or 8 a day. How will 2016 compare? Is the absence of deep flash discounts from the Steam Sale indicative of… anything? Are they pushing back against customer entitlement? What will happen with key re-sellers this year? Who knows. Make with da bargains :)

Repost from 2015 thread, but worthy of a re-mention:

Grab Fallout 4 for less than $40 for a limited time on GreenManGaming.com. Simply add Fallout 4 to your cart. It’s already 17% off at $49.79. Then use code NWYEAR-20PERC-WTHGMG to receive an additional 20% off that price, making the final price of Fallout 4 (Steam key) $39.84!

I only spent $167 on games last year. Bizarre. A couple of things came free with hardware, and a few were gifts, but I’m really not contributing to the game making economy any more. I suppose the gift givers contributed for me, so maybe it’s ok :)

Couple of other GMG deals with that voucher applied (final price):

Party Hard: $5.16
Ashes of the Singularity: $30.00
Renowned Explorers: $10.72
Victor Vran:$8
Metal Gear Solid V:$32.16

I would probably buy Helldivers with the coupon if freaking gmg carried it. Grr.

Ah well, there are enough good games in my backlog that I’ll never finish them. …

IndieGala has a decent bundle to start the year out.

$1 gets you:
[ul][li] Island Defense[/li][li] The Oil Blue[/li][li]Survive Me Miolhir[/ul][/li]and $2.50 also adds:
[ul][li] Among the Heavens[/li][li] Cook, Serve, Delicious![/li][li] Hook[/li][li] Aerannis[/li][li] SimpleRockets[/li][li] Way to Go![/li][li] Planetary Annihilation[/li][li] Door to Door[/li][li] Wanderlust Rebirth[/ul][/li]
CSD and Oil Blue alone are worth it imo. Haven’t heard of most of the rest.

To save everyone clicking about through all the bundles, this is the friday bundle. CSD, SimpleRockets , Planetary Annihilation for $3? Bar-gain!

Both FIFA and NHL are on sale on Xbone. Which is the least complicated? Been a while since I played sports games, but the last time they had made it so ‘realistic’ that the controls were insane.

Edit to add the sale stuff http://majornelson.com/2015/12/28/xbox-stores-countdown-week-2-list-of-official-deals-the-biggest-sale-ever-continues/

Couldn’t find a good list, but Elite is on sale, as is Rainbow Six if you’re gold.

That GMG Fallout 4 deal is tempting, and I know I’m going to play it someday, but by the time I do all the DLC will be out and I’ll be able to get the whole shebang for 30 bucks. A nice problem to have–too much entertainment.

The mod community will have matured by then too.

I would go with the sport that appeals to you the most. This year, both have added in-game hint systems that really help (and that’s coming from a guy who has played a lot). Both games also have an option for “simple control schemes”.

It was nice. This week, I traded NHL in for $40 and bought the digital for $32 (Cdn).

Good sale. Also grabbed the Aliens game as well.

Edit: Regarding the sports games, it would actually be better to grab EA Access for $39 and get NHL15 / FIFA15 for ‘free’.

CDKeys.com has Rise of the Tomb Raider (PC) for $31. Do I snatch that up now or wait and see if GreenManGaming gets close to that price when they start selling since I am more comfortable buying from them? I’m picking this one up for sure and am happy with this price, it’s more of a matter of where I want to buy from.

I’m gonna wait for GMG, but that is a damn fine price from CDKeys.

FWIW, I bought both Bloodbowl 2 and Witcher 3 pretty close to release time for the same discount - roughly 50%. I received a Steam key and a GOG key and had no problems with either.

I’ll probably be taking advantage of this deal myself.

Happy new year, QT3’ers! Having said that, the Steam holiday sale is over! sadface
It’s now back to the regular daily special and weeklong deals. Probably nothing worthy…

Steam Monday: The Jackbox Party Pack 2 - $18.74 - 25% off.
[indent]Whoever would buy this now should have bought it last week already, right after playing it at their friend’s party.[/indent]

Steam Weeklong Deals. Is there anything to point out?
[ul]
[li]The Daedalic Armageddon Bundle - $15.99 - 90% off.[/li][indent]This year I resolve to stop listing Daedalic games in this thread. Oh look, I just broke it.
11 games total: 3 Deponia, 2 Dark Eye, 2 Edna & Harvey, 4 others.[/indent]
[li]Titan Quest Gold - $3.99 - 80% off.[/li][indent]Cheapest price this bundle has ever been priced.[/indent]
[li]Captain Forever Remix - $8.99 - 40% off. Early access.[/li][indent]Roguelike spaceship build-em-up.[/indent]
[li]Unity of Command Trilogy Bundle - $4.49 - 85% off.[/li][indent]Just continuing the holiday sale price, but hey, it’s still a great price for a fantastic war game that I should play someday…[/indent]
[li]Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages - $0.99 - 90% off.[/li][indent]Brian says: “A wonderfully fun and well-written space adventure combat game romp that is totally worth your time if for nothing else than the hilarious achievements.”[/indent]
[li]Out There: Ω Edition - $6.49 - 35% off.[/li][/ul]

Ring Runner for $0.99 is a god damned steal and a half.

I had no idea there was sequel to Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav. Played a bunch of adventure games this last fall and enjoyed that one. I hear the Deponia games are just awful, though.

Steam Tuesday: The Fruit of Grisaia - $19.99 - 50% off.
[indent]A rather famous Japanese visual novel, which spawned 2 seasons of anime. I know nothing about this game, though.[/indent]

Steam midweek #1: Rise of Nations: Extended Edition - $4.99 - 75% off.
[indent]More interestingly, Microsoft RTS Collection: Age of Empires/Age of Mythology/Rise of Nations - $49.99 - 50% off.[/indent]

Steam midweek #2: Dungeons 2 - $9.99 - 75% off. 3rd party DRM: Kalypso Launcher

Spotted in Humble Store: Militia - $4.01 - 33% off.
[indent]By BrainGoodGame, some kind of board game company from Winnipeg. Has anyone tried this game before?[/indent]

Grisaia is supposed to be really good, but it’s been at this price during the last two Steam sales as well.

Thanks WarpRattler. In that case, I’ll buy it only after I finish Steins;Gate.

Steam Wednesday: Every Spellforce game in Steam - $5.99 - 90% off.

Elsewhere, in GOG: Staff Picks: true detectives. Sale over tomorrow morning.
[indent]There are 4 games in the sale, of which:
Read Only Memories - $8.29 - 45% off.
TESLA EFFECT: A TEX MURPHY ADVENTURE - $3.99 - 80% off.[/indent]