Bargain Thread 2016

Because the Shadow Council of Qt3 does not want you delving into that history… Have I said too much? What’s that noise at the door??

Nothing is true; everything is permitted.

Actually, I think there’s supposed to be URL redirection in place for old links. If they don’t work, you should point them out to Wumpus.

Quick question: Is Spore poor man’s No Man’s Sky? Or the other way round? Or I completely got the wrong end of the stick?

Spore is a poor man’s Spore. And, according to many, No Man’s Sky is a poor No Man’s Sky.

Not at all trying to be contrary, but I recall Wumpus recently saying that there was no attempt made to parse particularly intra-thread links (e.g., links to specific posts within a thread). I think it might have been @Rock8Man who had that conversation recently, re: some old megathreads that had broken links in them? Sorry for the tag if it wasn’t you; just trying to recall where I read that.

But, as a for instance, the links in the first post of this thread don’t load correctly. @wumpus, tagging, in case they are supposed to :)

Old links directly to posts are not converted, old links to topics should be.

Thanks for the clarification.

Now that you mention it - I think you’re correct. I didn’t have any role in the URL redirection setup and only vaguely followed along. :D

Tropico 4 is Free for the next 2 days from Humble.

Steam key.

NOTE: Your free Tropico 4 key must be redeemed to your Steam account within 7 days of the end of the promotion.

You can also grab the Tropico 4 DLC collection from Humble for $7.49 if you want the full experience.

Tropico 5 Complete Collection is currently $9.99

Steam is having a Borderlands Franchise sale. There is a hidden 92% discount deal within.

If you already own Borderlands GOTY and Borderlands 2 (base or GOTY), check out the Borderlands Triple Pack. It contains both those titles and Borderlands : The Pre-Sequel. Somehow, for owners of the first two games, Steam maths create a 92% discount on Pre-Sequel, reducing the cost to a mere $3.22 if you buy via the Triple Pack. Insane.

Also, that Humble Store deal on the Tropico games is part of a larger End of Summer Sale they are putting on. Publisher deals from Kalypso, Activision, Bandai Namco, Bethesda, Paradox and Capcom plus a bunch of classic Star Wars titles are all featured. Some pretty good deals in the mix. There is also a nice Build-Your-Own 2K Games Bundle offer that gives you 80% off 3 games, 83% off 4, and 85% off 5 games. Put together the right titles and save a nice amount of cash.

I noticed that too, a couple of days ago. But I still didn’t pull the trigger because I heard The Pre-Sequel isn’t worth wasting time on. And that’s more important than being able to buy it for cheap.

Hey man, it’s the Bargain Thread, not the Objectively Decide if X Game is Worth $3.22 Thread. I think Tim James already created that thread elsewhere… ;-)

Good point!

And on that topic, I just want to throw out there that if anyone sees a good bargain on the 360 version of Dragon Age II, please let me know in the bargain thread. I tried playing it on the PC and the controls are so bad. But the digital version on the 360 costs $20.

Maybe I actually need to step inside a Gamestop or something, and see if i can find an old used copy somewhere.

that’s pretty rough. It’s not that bad. The writing is still entertaining and there are some good things about it. If you were a big fan of the other games, it’s worth playing, in much the same way that Arkham Origins wasn’t a total waste of space even if it wasn’t as good as the main-line Batman games.

Pre-sequel is a hell of a lot better than Arkham Origins.

The Borderlands Prequel is simply terrible - highly recommend not wasting money on it! Voice acting is just atrocious.

In summary of ten minutes’ worth of opinions, feelings are mixed. But it’s probably worth your $3 to find out.

Generally, reviews of the Prequel said it was fine, but not up to the higher levels of the BL2 DLC (Dragon Keep in particular) and in general the reviewers had played enough Borderlands 2 by the time it rolled around.