Bargain Thread 2016

I suppose a good rule of thumb is that whatever is on sale now, will not be on sale for a lower price for the Christmas sale, right? Or T-Day sale for that matter.

A good rule of thumb for me is to pick up anything a third off or more on my wishlist. Just picked up Brigador and Slain:Back from Hell.

Looking through my wishlist, looks like Betrayer is on sale for $0.99. I don’t think I can resist getting that tonight when I get home.

That was the game by the former Monolith folks, initially it was all black and white and red, but they added the option to put color back in I believe.

Chroma Squad is worth a couple of bucks just for the silliness.

Chroma Squad is part of the $1 tier for the current Humble Bundle.

Oh wait, were you talking about the Humble Bundle? In that case NM, I thought you were talking about the Steam sale.

Pretty sure that option was there from the beginning, if a bit hidden. I strongly advise against it though. The black & white fits the mood of the game perfectly. It’s also a great game for Halloween.

Any thoughts on Skyshine’s Bedlam? I remember it getting a bit of buzz and it’s only $2, but the recent reviews are negative.

Basically, when it came out it was (apparently) punishingly difficult in ways some people felt were unfun. The developers did a major rebalancing and I think now people who liked it the first way are unhappy with the change.

Invisible Inc - historical low price:

Highly recommended if you’re interested in turn-based, tactical gameplay.

I’ll be taking this opportunity to pick up the Contingency Plan DLC for next to nothing.

Don’t miss this!

Just did, thanks for the tip!

Alien Isolation Collection on sale on the Xbox store for $13.20. Includes the 5 (!) expansion packs released for the game, at less than half the price of either the game or the $30 season pass. Go figure.

If you’d prefer PC, then Bundle Stars has it for $11.49.

Also on the Xbox store: Wolfenstein the Old Blood for $10, State of Decay for $9.90, and Zombi for 60% off (it won’t tell me the exact price because I already own it).

Yeah, I couldn’t resist Wolfenstein Old Blood anymore for $10. It breaks my rule of not purchasing a game I’m not ready to play right now, but I’ll put it the queue right after DOOM. Once I finish DOOM, Old Blood will be the next one for sure.

Fantastic Humble Day of the Devs Bundle live now.

Pay $1 or more for Steam keys to:

• Broken Age
  • Titan Souls
  • Lumino City

BTA (currently $4.26) and also receive:

• Massive Chalice
  • Oxenfree
  • Grim Fandango Remastered

Pay $9 or more and add:

• Day of the Tentacle Remastered
  • VIP Ticket for Day of the Devs (which, if you’re not going to be in San Francisco on Nov. 5th, basically means a 20% discount at iam8bit.com)

$4.26 is a great price just for Massive Chalice, tacking on Oxenfree, Broken Age and the others just makes it a ridiculous deal.

Heh. I was going to say, 4.26 is a ridiculous price for Oxenfree, but yeah, the point’s the same.

That’s an incredible bundle.

Don’t miss this!

NooMoo is 40% off this week

Yes, already. $18 isn’t a bad price for something that does a competent job of treading old ground. If you really have to have a new space-based 4X you could do worse.

BetaDwarf’s upcoming title, Minion Masters, is currently available for free when you sign up for their community newsletter (you’ll receive a Steam key on the 12th). Also, if you play on the 12th, you’ll receive a “nice reward.” Here’s their blog post, which also includes their rationale for giving it away for free until Early Access, at which point it will cost $19.99.

I’ll bite. We’ll see what it’s like.

And despite meaning to, I somehow managed to space getting that and the OST while it was on sale. Grrrrr. I could kick myself.