Bargain Thread 2017

There already is. It’s called the eternal collection. Thought it was going to be available at a sale price of 30, but it’s 38.99, which doesn’t make much sense.

Enough of this pointless bickering, back to bargains I say!

Want 100 Steam games and DLC for $3? BundleStars.com has:
Dollar Ultra Bundle Reloaded - 47 games, $1
Dollar Mega Bundle - 28 games, $1
Dollar Loot Bundle - 25 games and DLC, $1

Sure, most of it is garbage, but there are easily a dozen different interesting games spread across the three bundles, and that means they’re literally $0.25 each when you spend the $3. Plus lots of the games have Steam Trading Cards if you’re into that.

BundleStars.com also have the Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition Complete Collection for $19.95 after using code RED5 to get an additional 5% off the sale price.

Thanks for the head’s up. Some great PS4 deals there.

Yeah, we’re only supposed to look forward to that sort of thing in the new Star Trek!

The opinion for D3 improved right, but if I am buying PS4 for MH, may very well do that, and D3 is meant to play on PS4… any reason to do it on PC?

Been looking at the PSN sale and this caught my eye:

It’s a rock-themed ghostbuster visual novel/battleship-ish strategy game.

It’s got to be promising, right?

I think it’s the first of Imai Shuho’s games to be translated. The guy has got a real flair, but his games tend to be a bit light in their systems. His most successful game was a Novel/3D dungeon romp which was focusing more on the discovery and puzzles than on the RPG aspects you’d expect from such a game, so maybe it is really Battleship in this game’s case!

https://www.amazon.com/Starcraft-II-Battle-Chest-PC-Standard/dp/B01M3XHT7U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498693245&sr=8-1&keywords=starcraft+2+battle+chest

Nah.

This is kind of a silly argument, but those are not MMOs just because a lot of players play them and sometimes together.

Fair enough. My take is that Blizzard releases Battlechest editions when a game is done, to give players a chance to jump in by buying one SKU, and stores the freedom not to carry separate versions. Warcraft 2, Diablo 2, and Starcraft had them. They also did some for WoW, such as a combined package of vanilla and TBC for people to catch up to right before the new Lich King expansion. IIRC, there were releases to bundle in later expansions as well, with a “digital battlechest” version as well.

Given that history, I too might be surprised to find that a Diablo III battlechest didn’t have the whole thing (a little poking around tells me the D3 battlechest was a late 2016 release, so it included the official expansion pack but could not have included this new DLC – which apparently won’t have its own retail SKU being less than a full expansion).

I would also be surprised to have someone act like a condescending prick to someone who expressed similar surprise for no apparent reason. I’m in the middle of some very aggressive litigation writing today (but taking net breaks every few hours) so I suppose I’m pretty easy to rub the wrong way.

I feel like the very few rare times I actually walk through the physical stores near the PC games, I see a couple of Battle Chests from Blizzard, some Casual Games, a handful of casuals and Sims.

The Battle Chests seem like a great start for all their games, and I remember when D2 's sold for the same price, in stores, for years. D3 was what, 2012… it still feels like getting a deal on D3 came a lot, a lot sooner than D2.

I still see places with Warcraft 2 Battle Chests on their shelves.

Just to be snarky, the Starcraft 2 Battlechest does not include all the commanders. So even that doesn’t include ‘everything’.

Fuck it, you win. : )

EDIT: to be clear, I laughed hard

While the rest of the world wants an easy button, gamers are clamoring for an everything button.

To be an honest, I am so late to the XCOM2 boat, and I didn’t like where the story starts in that game anyway that I feel like I just keep waiting for… an everything bundle and even then, who the hell knows how long it will be everything… till 3 is on the horizon i guess.

Although, to be fair, XCOM 2 is an amazing game without anything else! at least in my opinion.

Yep, I really liked it a lot, and (gasp!) finished the campaign (once). Want to play through again with Shen’s Last Gift but I’m definitely turning the Alien Hunter DLC off.

Vanilla XCOM 2 is a great game right out of the box.

Though if you waited this long, you could wait a little longer and grab the XCOM 2 Battle Chest.

One of the best MMOs out there, definitely.

I love what this thread has become. You go, girls.

What a mess they’ve made of my bargain thread!