Bargain Thread 2017

I still see places with Warcraft 2 Battle Chests on their shelves.

Just to be snarky, the Starcraft 2 Battlechest does not include all the commanders. So even that doesn’t include ‘everything’.

Fuck it, you win. : )

EDIT: to be clear, I laughed hard

While the rest of the world wants an easy button, gamers are clamoring for an everything button.

To be an honest, I am so late to the XCOM2 boat, and I didn’t like where the story starts in that game anyway that I feel like I just keep waiting for… an everything bundle and even then, who the hell knows how long it will be everything… till 3 is on the horizon i guess.

Although, to be fair, XCOM 2 is an amazing game without anything else! at least in my opinion.

Yep, I really liked it a lot, and (gasp!) finished the campaign (once). Want to play through again with Shen’s Last Gift but I’m definitely turning the Alien Hunter DLC off.

Vanilla XCOM 2 is a great game right out of the box.

Though if you waited this long, you could wait a little longer and grab the XCOM 2 Battle Chest.

One of the best MMOs out there, definitely.

I love what this thread has become. You go, girls.

What a mess they’ve made of my bargain thread!

So umm, not what you bargained for ?

Just pull the rug over your head, it will tie it all together.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/diablo-iii-battle-chest/139529??utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=.7WaaTN6umc-zMAAdHLeEGG4v_.vcXUKaQ
$17.97

Honestly, triggercut’s long post was very informative. I would have assumed if I bought the Starcraft 2 battle chest, that I would get the complete Starcraft 2, with all the expansions and stuff. As I didn’t keep track of the releases and wasn’t watching all that closely. Now I know that for both Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3, the battle chest doesn’t contain everything. I’m now an informed Blizzard consumer!

I think we are past the days when Ultimate Editions, Season Passes, Collections, Battle Chests, Game of the Year Editions, etc. contain everything; and that is sad. Paradox is the worst offender but increasingly large numbers of games fall into this situation.

I suppose a result of the Games as a Service model and our DLC crazed world.

I kind of just ignore the DLC anymore unless it’s a game I’m completely over the moon for like Breath of the Wild, and even then I almost forgot the DLC is coming tomorrow. shrug

Seeing as how it sounds like you haven’t bought either, I think you’re an informed shopper.

Well, I do own base Diablo 3 on PC, and Diablo 3 on 360 and Diablo 3 with Reaper of Souls on Xbox One. So I think that qualifies me as a Blizzard consumer. :)

Great deal on Monster Slayers. Complete edition for $5.