Bargain Thread 2017

I quit because I couldn’t get past one battle midway through The Old Blood, and I beat The New Order. well. I bailed on the final boss but I think I could have managed it eventually. just didn’t enjoy the fight and you can watch the end on YouTube, so.

Steep is 50% off on the humble store at $20 or only $18 if you subscribe to the monthly bundle. This is the cheapest it has been so far, I picked it up.

Tom did a couple of streams of this game and I believe he liked it:

If anyone gets that Very Positive bundle and gets a spare Mordor key I’d love to snake one for my nephew. Thanks!

Thanks for the heads up on Steep, Chappers. Been waiting for a price below $30, and $18 is a deal!

Does anyone know if it’s possible and relatively easy to use a steam box to stream a game off of Uplay? I managed something like that for an origin game I believe but I’m having trouble remembering the details now.

I do it now and then - two things, though.

Add the uplay client to steam, not the game you want to stream. It tends to time out launching the game, otherwise.

Also, you will probably want to disable the in-game u-play overlay for the game or you can’t use the controller.

PSN flash sale in North America.

All the Ratchet & Clanks for PS3 are on sale. The Atelier Arland Vita trilogy is 24$. Three games, and all their bonus character DLC. There are some awkward fanservice scenes. I haven’t finished Totori or Meruru yet, but had around 50 hours of fun with Rorona. If anyone picks this up wait to play the new game+ epilogue story of Rorona, it spoils stuff from the other games.

As mentioned over in the game’s thread, Stranger of Sword City is $8 in said PSN flash sale, a historic low on any platform.

PM sent.

Outlast & DLC for free over at HumbleBundle

Rise of Nations Extended Edition for Windows 10 for $5.

Tembo the Badass Elephant for $5, too.

Tembo the badass elephant…

Lol at the trend of using random swahili words.

Simba, rafiki, wewe nugu, pumbaa etc in Lion King.

Tembo means elephant by the way, so the title reads to me like: Elephant the badass elephant.

That said, I now want this game.

Mass Effect Andromida (PC) $13.26

https://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-Andromeda-PC/dp/B00ZPZQKIG/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1506292762&sr=1-2&keywords=mass%2Beffect%2Bandromeda&th=1

Jeez dudes, trust me on this one: Andromeda is worth 13 bucks, and your time. You can skip a lot of the extraneous questing if you don’t like it. There’s still a core of a rollicking galactic exploration RPG if that’s your thing. Probably still the closest we’re going to get to a decent Star Trek simulator.

I agree with divedivedive. I bought the game at release and don’t regret it at all. While it doesn’t live up to the original trilogy, I had a good time and it’s definitely worth it at that price.

The game is a rushed piece of mediocre whatever created by an inexperienced, rudderless studio, but yes, it is worth $13, if simply for the experience of travelling to beautiful new planets, meeting their interesting inhabitants, and then shooting them in the face. It’s like a sci-fi The Division … pretty cool at first, but then ultimately disappointing.

Yes, that is a great deal. Trust us.

It is worth it but skip most of the side quests.

Grey Alien Games, who did a speech at GDC last year about never putting their games on sales, have put their games on sale on Steam, one of which is the brilliant Regency Solitaire, available for 5 bucks.
Since their next game, Shadowhand, has been postponed every month from its initial spring release, I wishfully hope that they are not facing financial difficulties because of the delays.