Bargain Thread 2017

Steam sales are good for picking up DLC for games you enjoy and rounding out the occasional franchise or collection with those wacky bundles they push where everything is 75% off, then the bundle is an additional 20% off and they subtract everything you already own meaning you pick up that one missing piece for like $2.

I’m to the point now, as I suspect many others are as well, where I own so many good games I have yet to play that I can simply play my backlog while I wait for my wishlist games to show up on Humble Bundles, BundleStars deals or other steep discount offers and pick them up then.

Fall sale at WinGameStore , it has flash deals!

also you may be able to get an extra 5% off with their usual “pcgames5off” and “macgames5off” discount codes.

I have a pair of Steam links. Nice piece of hardware. I do wish that it didn’t require putting the system into Big Picture mode. I like Steam a lot, but big picture, not so much. So, while I had hoped to play computer games on the couch more in the main part of the house (computer is on the lower level), ultimately I decided to get a Switch instead and that has turned out to be the right decision for me.

Hmm, I did a search for Forza on that landing page and got no results, so I guess that one isn’t on sale, bummer.

Wolfenstein The New Order was on sale recently. The prequel is £3 atm

http://savygamer.co.uk/2017/10/21/wolfenstein-the-old-blood-pc-2-99/

It’s a crumb of comfort that the daily horror of current affairs has invigorated the clapped out WW2 shooter genre. Punch those fuckers. Punch them all.

From the Depths is the Star Deal today at BundleStars. Build fleets of crazy ships, subs and planes to destroy your enemy in physics-based strategy mayhem for $1.99 (90%).

Also at BundleStars, The Eureka Bundle. 11 Steam keys for puzzle/thinking games for $1.99.

New Monday Motivation Bundle at IndieGala offers 11 Steam games, 10 GalaGold and a coupon code for 50% off Hot Guns for $2.99.

Humble Store has a Daedalic Publisher Sale happening.

Steam has Battle Brothers as the Daily Deal for $14.99 (50%).
Steam also has 206 Weeklong Deals. Nothing that really jumps out…which is fine since the Steam Halloween Sale starts Thursday and there will be plenty more games on sale at that point.

Empyrion: Galactic Survival is on sale for 50% off (so it’s $9.99). This is a space sandbox game in the same vein as No Man’s Sky. It’s still an early access. I was wondering if at @BrianRubin or anyone else has tried this? It’s on my wish list so it came to my attension but I don’t recall exactly why anymore. I do wish they would let us in annotate our wishlist in Steam!

Yeah, it’s coming along nicely. Out of that tiny little subgenre, it’s the game I’d buy.

It’s nowhere near as good as No Man’s Sky.

Sounds like we need a cage fight between @BrianRubin and @Profanicus! Or am I thinking Thunderdome?

I’ve not even played NMS because it looks like garbage.

Hehe well I may or may not be poking the bear a bit there! ;)

But my long-standing love of NMS is no secret.

I’ve had Empyrion for an age; tried it a few times over the past two years but it’s never clicked. Given it’s still in EA I always put it down to that, shelve it, and pledge to try again next year.

BrainGoodGames’ Minos Strategos is part of this bundle, although the game itself goes for that same price when on sale.

Been waiting on a sale for NMS for a couple of months - seems like they really made the progress folks wanted with the august update, or at least enough for me. Thinking it may get down to my current price point of about $25 during the steam Halloween sale.

It was less than $25 in August, when the update released. So yeah it certainly may go low again soon. :)

According to isthereanydeal.com $5.99 is the historical low, so this bundle may be worth it for just that game. I definitely don’t any of the others, but BrainGoodGames is definitely on my interested list.

I know. I waited too long to do my research (knew I’d be sinking a lot of time into Destiny 2 as well).

Minos Strategos is awesome and everybody needs to buy it now, today.

GMG has mis-priced Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Digital Deluxe Edition in cart price : $50.99

BUY IT NOW! The MSRP should be $79.99 - 15%

Also an EXTRA 5% off voucher on the VIP page here:

https://www.greenmangaming.com/vip/

So it comes out to $48.44