Bargain Thread 2017

Not necessarily game related, but Amazon is offering $8.32 off a $50 order sold by Amazon today with the code BIGTHANKS.

No digital content or video games.

Thanks @ddtibbs , always something I want on my wishlist. :)

Thanks, ddtibbs!

the steam link is ‘only’ 100mbit. if it was gigabit the streaming problem would be solved. does the nvidia shield support gigabit?

The shieldTV does have gigabit but that doesn’t really matter. 100Mbps is more than enough for streaming 1080p at 60fps. It typically doesn’t even spike over 30Mbps.

Game streaming isn’t particularly bandwidth constrained. It is very sensitive to network consistency and latency, and your host needs to be fast enough to render a frame, capture it for streaming, compress it to h.264, and send it over the network in under 16ms to sustain 1080p at 60fps.

What really matters for in-home game streaming is that your network is wired, because wifi is inconsistent.

I am sure most know already bit Amazon is running a BIGTHANKS promo for being voted number one, save 8.62 on things sold by Amazon, some limitations and no 3rd Party.

Add $50 or more of eligible items to your cart.
Enter promo code BIGTHANKS at checkout.

Terms & Conditions:

Today only, get $8.62 off your purchase of $50 or more when you apply promo code BIGTHANKS at checkout. (Actually, we’ll round up from 8.627, so your discount will be $8.63.)

Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) 2/22/2017.
Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com.
Offer does not apply to digital content, video games (including accessories), or Amazon Gift Cards.
Offer does not apply to orders placed through Alexa, Prime Now, Amazon Restaurants, or any mobile application other than the Amazon Shopping App.
Offer limited to one per customer and account.
Offer may not be combined with other offers.
Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
Shipping charges and taxes may apply to discounted promotional items.
Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.

Chronicon is 35% off on chrono.gg (it’s $6.50)

Early-access action RPG. I’ve had 40 hours of fun with it so far, but I’m going back for more soon. Get this if you like Grim Dawn and Diablo.

Chronicon is fantastic.

I’ve never used Chrono.gg, are they legit?

Believe it is the dev site.

Ah, thanks

They’re another daily deal site and yes completely legit.

Thanks for clarifying.

25 dollar gift card if you pre order Mass Effect Andromeda on Dell.

Hey!

It’s Space Week at the Humble Store with oodles of discounts on space-themed games. The best deal appears to be Empyrion for 10 magic beans.

Aw, I was hoping for Stellar Monarch / Pocket Space dealie

Halcyon 6 for $14 or $13 if you’re a monthly subscriber though…

46 Steam games for just $1.00 over at BundleStars.com today. Individual keys for all the games.

They all seem to be from publisher Back To Basics, and many are garbage, but there are several with positive reviews and a couple certainly worthy of monkeying around with for a bit for only a buck.

I call shenanigans!

Homeworld Deserts of Kharak isn’t a space game!

But it’s ummm, “space adjacent” maybe?

Unity Of Command Trilogy Bundle is 85% off and $4.92 Cdn (Steam)

I think this is a good price :)