Bargain Thread 2017

Yeah multi only. It it does have a tutorial on how to fight and defend yourself with bots. Keep in mind this game is populated primarily with die hard players who have thousands of wizard hours logged and as such be prepared to die a lot to these basement dwellers. The game has a steep learning curve with regards to weapon manipulation and timing of moves so don’t go in expecting to win via button mashing.

I don’t play it a hear days but one of the best things about the game is the deliciously retarded voice play that I haven’t experienced since Tribes 1 and 2. Whoever did the voice for the men at arms avatar would be a real hoot to have a beer with.

There’s a multiplayer bundle on Humble right now - I’m not much of a multiplayer person though - a little bit of L4D and Alien Swarm - but would things like Helldivers or Rampage Knights still work well solo/AI or with randoms?
(edit for games)
$1:
Tricky Towers
Eon Alter
Primal Carnage: Extinction

BTA:
Move or Die
Ultimate Chicken Horse
Rampage Knights

$10:
Helldivers
Helldivers Ranger DLC

I played Helldivers with randos and it was great fun. The multiplayer mechanic (calling in a drop pod) works really well for pubbing.

And in my opinion it’s worth it for Tricky Towers alone.

Well, Maia is 55% off on itch.io. You get a Steam key too. Be warned that there’s no guarantee the game will ever be finished.

Edit: I haven’t played this yet, and TBH I’m not sure how much of a game is here yet. It’s been in development so long already that now it has to compete with similar games like Oxygen Not Included and Rimworld.

Anyway, I’m a sucker for this sort of game, so I picked it up.

Impressions?

The SquareEnix Surprise Box revealed this morning… woof. I’m not expecting Nier but everything in the NA bundle was in a past surprise box:

• Hitman Absolution
  • Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light
  • The Last Remnant
  • Murdered: Soul Suspect
  • Dungeon Siege 3

Bought the humble bundle just to give Helldivers a whirl finally since I missed it on the Steam holiday sale.

I’ll be trying to spread some democracy this weekend hopefully.

Huh, that sucks. No way this is worth the 80 bucks advertised. I got Murdered for one buck in a sale and Lara Croft for “free” with PSN subscription.

If it had included the current Hitman then maybe it would have been worth Square’s hype, but that’s pretty much a fail IMO.

Ouch. Yeah, that’s a $25 retail value bundle tops. Every single game in there has been $5 or less on sale or bundled previously. They really needed a much stronger headliner in the set…

Leap of Fate for $4

A game so good it prompted Tom Chick himself to post on the Steam forums castigating the developers for lack of save functionality - which was swiftly patched in. ;)

They also just added widescreen support today, which they previously stated was intentionally omitted because it made the game too easy (which it does). I preferred the 4:3 gameplay, but there doesn’t appear to be an option to get it back for widescreen users.

The iOS version of Leap Of Fate is on sale too (uh… I think) for $1.99.

Hey, is this Star Deal for Gas Guzzlers Extreme on Bundlestars any good? https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/gas-guzzlers-extreme-gold-pack

Don’t think I’ve heard of this before.

It’s a fun game. Worth the price.

Thanks for the heads up on Leap of Fate. I must have added it to my Wishlist when Tom was streaming it but it didn’t ring a bell even after watching the stream again. It did push a lot of my buttons though so I picked it up this weekend and it is fantastic. I like the whole package the atmosphere, interface, gameplay all of it. A well spent $3.99.

Massive Chalice is 2 magic beans on GOG, along with a bunch of other worthy titles.

If you don’t have it, get it now. I was right about the comet!

I finally had patience and it paid off. Axes and Acres can be had for $2 as part of this bundle at Bundlestars.

Well worth it.

The developer of Axes and Acres brought one of his other games, Militia, over to iOS as a test to see how it would do.mif it does well, they will consider others.

Militia by Brett Lowey

@tgb123 just grabbed Massive Chalice