Bargain Thread 2017

Satellite Reign was awesome once I got over the fact that you can’t play it like a turn-based tactics game.

Satellite Reign got off on the wrong foot with me by having a lengthy non-skippable, non-savable tutorial. When I launched it for the second time and realized I was going to have to go through the entire tutorial again from the beginning, I uninstalled and never looked back.

How lengthy are we talking–Civ IV tutorial lengthy?

It was a mixup with Valve: Abbeygames wanted to put REUS on sale for its new update, instead of which Valve put all of REIS on sale. Since it was over the weekend, they had trouble contacting Valve, but eventually it was partially fixed.

Edit: also, Starpoint Gemini 2 is free on Steam today, for some reason.

I’d say the tutorial was 40 minutes, I really need to get back into it, as I was enjoying it but also still playing Witcher 3 at the same time. Guess which game won my attention? :p

40 minutes sounds about right. Between my schedule and gaming ADD, I rarely spend that much time on a single game, but it may not be a problem for you.

Publicity for Starpoint Gemini Warlords releasing tomorrow.

Sadly the price went up for new peoples on Steam. Overall I have enjoyed the hour I spent with it.
Still $25 over at wingamestore + a 5% voucher code pcgames5off

Well, the good news is those people can occupy their time with a free jillion-hour game while they wait for a sale!

Creeper World 3 is on sale for $1.50 on chrono.gg. Never played the CW games but I heard they were pretty good. Just a few hours left for the sale.

https://chrono.gg/?=creeperworld3

Creeper World 3 is an awesome game. Highly recommended.

BundleFest offerings at BundleStars today:

Talisman Bundle. Four Tiers. For $1 you get Talisman : Digital Edition plus the Complete Runestone Deck and the Exorcist and Courtesan character packs. Each Tier there after ($3.99, $7.99 and $12.99) adds more expansions and character packs.

Mega Pick-A-Mix 3 features 40 Indie Steam games and DLC to choose from. $1.49 for 5, $2.49 for 10 and $3.99 for 20.

Midweek Madness on Steam:
The beautiful tactical stealth game Shadow Tactics : Blade of the Shogun is $26.79 (33%)
Hacknet is $3.39 (66%)
Overcooked is the Daily Deal at $8.49 (50%)
Gauntlet : Slayer Edition is $4.99 (75%)

I assume we will have a new Humble Bundle at 2:00PM EST as well.

I assumed wrong. No new bundle today, just the added games for the existing Humble Indie Bundle 18. Two new games added to the BTA ($7.50) tier : A Story About My Uncle and Neon Drive. Meh.

Gamefly under $20 w/ Free Shipping sale is on.

Highlights:

Titanfall 2, Dishonored 2, Uncharted 4, Xcom 2 (PS4) Halo Wars 2 $20
Rise of the Tomb Raider (XB1), Lego Star Wars TFA, The Division, Xcom 2 (XB1) $18
Quantum Break (probably still has Alan Wake code in it), Far Cry Primal $16
Ratchet & Clank $15
Recore, No Man’s Sky, Doom $13
Deus Ex MD, Homefront TR $10

ORLY?

They’re still making Worms games?

Aw hell, who am I kidding, it’s been years since I played one, but it’s still one of my favorite multiplayer games ever.

Starpoint Gemini 2 is free on Steam …“until May 24th at 10AM Pacific Time! Once you add the game it will remain in your account after the free period.”

…and in the classic Steam way, it looks like those getting it free, play it for a couple of hours then post a negative review.

What the?! They must have posted that at like 5:00 or so EST, cause they usually post them at 2:00, and I even checked again around 3:30 and nothing was there. Sneaky bastards.

It is a very nice bundle for $10 though. I am kind of sad I already own everything I’d want from it.

I was very tempted by a new copy of Metal Gear Solid V for $10 on Microsoft Store. Especially since I can use the MS point currency I already have on Xbox even to get this physical copy of the game with free shipping.

But no, my rule says if I’m not ready to play it, I can’t buy it.

Same thing with the sales on PSN and Xbox Live this week. Lots of good prices. Like Titanfall 2 for $20 on Live. Or Shadows of Mordor for $10 on PSN. But, not ready, can’t go there. Must stick to my own rules. I have to realize I’m going to have less and less time to game. It’s time to think more ruthlessly like our local jaded native son @TimJames.