Bargain Thread 2017

I would like to note at this point that for people who have amazon credits, it is much easier to use them for software purchases these days. Used to be quite challenging.

I picked up the Steam Link because it was cheap, expecting it to end up in the closet. Instead I was surprised how well it worked, and how easy it was to set up (with a wired connection). I have a steam controller but don’t really like it for my small hands, so I went with the PS4 controller, which was very easy to pair wirelessly as well.

Played through all of INSIDE on it with the family, they loved it.

Killing Floor is free on Humble Bundle right now.

They must have done this before since I already seem to own it and it doesn’t look like the kind of game I’d spend money on.

It says on the Steam page that there is a solo part to it. That’s the only reason I picked it up. Otherwise it would not be worth it to me.

Killing Floor, is a fantastic game but is much better with other players…even randos.

Though if you liked the experience I would recommend killing floor 2which is far superior and has a larger community at this point.

Unless something has massively changed, not really.

No I actually tried it. But my feeling is that it’s really hard even on beginner. I assume that’s because I’m… well… alone. :)

Yeah, that’s what I mean. It’s about as much a solo game as Left 4 Dead is: which is to say, barely at all because the bot AI is terrible and there’s no campaign or anything.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Apologies for the crosspost.

Walmart has the digital code for XCOM 2 Reinforcement Pack for $4.49.

Half off Steam’s current sale and a historical low I think.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072QCSZ8J/ref=od_aui_d_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This has to be a price mistake or SKU mess up, their site has the Digital DLC at full price. So they have 2 SKU’s of the same product! :p

Full priced version, DO NOT BUY.

Their screw-up is my gain. I just activated my code on Steam. I just wanted Shen’s Last Gift for that price, but if they want to give me the three things for the same price, I’ll take it.

Does this XCOM 2 DLC make the game better? I haven’t heard great things about it but if it is good I’d pay that price for it.

For $4.49? It’s an amazing deal. There’s debate over the value of Alien Hunters and Anarchy’s Children, but Shen’s Last Gift is solid and easily worth that price. Also, what I’ve heard regarding the pairing of Alien Hunters and the planned expansion sound very promising.

Thanks meeper.

https://www.indiegala.com/dreamteam

Going full in at $3.50 is worth it imho. I mean its got Nyan Cat: Lost In Space!

It also has 35MM, which is a janky post-apocalyptic Russian walking simulator/adventure game. Somehow it manages to be pretty good!

Speaking of bundles, I don’t think it’s been mentionned, but you can get the Android version of Desktop Dungeons for 1 buck on the Humble Bundle site.
You may need to update their app for it to show up there.

Edit: Word of warning: Desktop Dungeons is not phone-friendly. It is a straight port of the computer game.

Not related, but Stephen’s Sausage Roll is at a high discount. This game is so wonderful…