Bargain Thread 2017

Can you pause in Lords of the Fallen?

I believe you can pull up the menu to pause, but I’m not 100% sure since it has been years.

Thanks, boughtened.

Fanatical Star Deal today is SEGA Mega-Drive and Genesis Classics Bundle for $11.79 (80%). Dozens of SEGA classics you can play again on Steam. NOTE : Everything comes as a single Steam key.

IndieGala has an interesting Monday Motivation Bundle. $2.99 for the first 24 hours nets you 11 Indie Steam games plus 10 Gala Gold. Some curious titles in this bundle, including:

• Mercury Fallen - an EA futuristic survival/building/management game, seems like Space Gnomoria?
  • Dungeons of Hell - a procedural roguelike
  • Expect the Unexpected - turn-based strategic roguelike? Described in reviews as “FTL with swords”

At $1 each, it might be worth checking out this bundle.

I had to do a double take on this title, it looked at first like … well never mind.

If you’re in your profile page for a bundle and you’ve clicked the buttons to “reveal the keys” and you want to quickly activate them on steam, then paste this script in the console part of the dev tools for the browser (open with f12) in order to create quick links to register keys on Steam:

$("input.keys").each(function() { $(this).before('<a href="https://store.steampowered.com/account/registerkey?key='+$(this).val()+'">Register Key</a>'); })

Discourse won’t let me make the bookmarklet here since it’s dirty javascript… :/

Or drag this link to your bookmarks bar and run it on that page Add Register Links

But you can paste the code above here and it’ll make a bookmarklet for you: https://mrcoles.com/bookmarklet/

Wrote it to make my life easier, figured I’d share here.

space-herpes-demotivational-poster-1233081501

If you folks don’t have that SEGA bundle, it’s totally worth it. A fantastic selection of the best from that system. Streets of Rage series is worth the price of entry alone.

We have a Problems down under Down Under thread for that. Though I suppose in this case it would be Problems down under Above and Beyond. Still mad that FOX cancelled that series…

On an unrelated note (or possibly not, who knows what Steam has been up to over the weekend?), the Weeklong Deals clickthrough on Steam’s webpage seems to be completely hosed today. I’m showing 518 deals, and when I click through on the web or on my phone, I see pages and pages of free demos, DLC and weird stuff, no actual deals.

Watch_Dogs (The first one) is free right now on Uplay. Cue jokes about it still being over priced…

I recommend watching Watch Dogs videos made by our @Paul_cze instead. I enjoyed watching those way more than I enjoyed playing the game.

Hey thanks, I’ll try this next time I get a bundle. Hate putting in each one manually

Over/under on the first post saying it’s not worth it to have to install yet another game platform on their PC? Wagering starts … now.

Yea but screw uPlay; in the span of a day my account for The Division was compromised, warned with an email notification, and banned with an email notification. I still have no idea if they unbanned it because support hands it off to some team who doesn’t respond, and fuck downloading the whole thing again with no idea if I can even play.

(does this count?)

It does! However because you didn’t place a bet you don’t actually win anything. I’m sorry, but I hope you’ll play again soon!

Ah, ubisoft never changes!
Non working site.
Non working links.
Non working logins (uh).
Non working password resets (of course).

I’ll stop here before I get to
Non-working cloud.
Non-working saves.

Claimed Watch Dogs on Uplay, which then goes to a page says that the game hasn’t been released yet, and gives me an option to preload it. WTF?

Guess I’ll, uh, preload Watch Dogs. Maybe it’ll run ok.

[edit] Nope, no option to run it. A quick Google search shows the giveaway period from Nov 7-13. Guess I’m somehow early.

Well played, Ubisoft.

This is too funny. You had me laughing out loud.

In other bargain news, Black Friday flyers are beginning to leak out. Here is Target’s games section, courtesy of CAG:

Target Black Friday Bargains

$199.99 —> 1TB PS4 Slim
$189.99 + $25 GC —> 500GB XB1S
$79.99 —> Legend of Zelda 2DS w/Ocarina of Time 3DS

Playstation VR - $200

$10 off ALL Xbox Live and Playstation Plus subscriptions

50% off Skylanders Imaginators and all LEGO Dimensions Starter Packs.

Nintendo Switch in stock

$39.99 —>
DualShock 4 controllers
Xbox One controllers

$15 —>
For Honor, Forza Horizon 3, Lego Worlds, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Final Fantasy XV, Resident Evil VII, Watch Dogs 2, Minecraft, Gears of War 4, MLB The Show 17

$25 —>
Ghost Recon Wildlands, Injustice 2, Just Dance 2018 (Wii), Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Crash Bandicoot Trilogy, Grand Theft Auto V, Lego Ninjago, Tekken 7, Switch Game, Horizon Zero Dawn

$35 —>
Assassin’s Creed Origins, Need for Speed Payback, Sims 4, NHL 18, WWE 2K18, Forza Motorsport 7, Battlefield 1 Revolution, Super Bomberman R

$45 —>
Call of Duty: World War II

$29.99 —>
Madden 18, Overwatch, Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, South Park: Fractured But Whole, Just Dance 2018 (Switch), NBA 2K18, FIFA 18, Evil Within 2, Destiny 2, Wolfenstein II

$25 3DS Games —>
Pokemon Omega Ruby, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Kirby Planet Robobot, Super Smash Bros., Yoshi’s Woolly World, Super Mario Maker

Friday Only: Spend $50 or more storewide and get 20% off one shopping trip between Nov. 28 - Dec. 10

All good stuff there. I can’t believe Need For Speed Payback is on that list at $35. That game’s not even out!

Other things that really tempt me include well, nearly everything. I’d normally ignore Final Fantasy XV, for example, but at $15, it starts looking kind of tempting. Same with Skyrim, which I assume is the special edition remake thing. Same with Resident Evil VII. Didn’t look like my kind of game, but at $15? Eh, maybe worth trying. Same with Watch Dogs 2. And Wildlands, Horizon Zero Dawn and Infinite Warfare at $25 each? I did mean to check those out eventually. Wolfenstein II for $30? Come on, that’s got be a mistake, right? Are there really limited copies maybe? I want that. Maybe not enough to stand out in the cold, but I want it.

In my experience, you don’t have to stand out in the cold for the games that are on sale. They rarely sell out of anything until at least Saturday. You can go Thursday or Friday morning pretty much anytime and be ok for finding what you want from an ad like that.