Bargain Thread 2017

Me, too. Especially when the usual difference between PS4s is $100. Double that, though, and I think it’s going to make a lot of folks waiver.

A $200 PS4 on Black Friday will be just fine for you. I wouldn’t wait for sales on the others personally. You’re not going to notice the difference since you haven’t lived on these consoles for awhile before now and you’ll have a nice library of awesome games to play on the current box for a lot less money.

Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, Horizon: Zero Dawn… these are beautiful games with or without the Pro.

Fanatical Star Deal today is Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for $17.99 (64%)

Fanatical’s Launch sale is still going on, and there are plenty of hidden deals in the store:

You also get an additional 10% off with code FANATICAL10

Will these run the VR stuff? I doubt I’m in the market but the PS4 seems like a cheaper way to play around with VR.

Yes. They will run the VR games.

P&S Campaigns for only 10 magic beans is an amazing deal.

Was just about to say that!

Syberia free on GOG for a limited time.

Android - Hitman Sniper is free for a little while.

I played more of that than I care to admit. It’s a weird game; not much to the actual gameplay, but there’s something strangely comforting about watching the targets go through the same routine mission after mission.

Bonus, it’s only 9 magic beans with code FANATICAL10 at checkout!
Use the bean you save to grow a beanstalk!

How does Pike and Shot Campaigns compare to something like Field of Glory 2?

Whoever clicked on Omerta, it’s closer to some mobile farmville to an actual game. I may or may not be bitter for paying full price.

They both evolved from the same creature (FoG I) and the tactical combat is pretty much the same. I haven’t played FoG II, but I read that the campaign system used in Pike & Shot and Sengoku Jidai has been re-jiggered for the new release, so I can’t really comment on the strategic layer.

Fanatical’s Star Deal today is Mars War Logs for $2.99 (80%).

Humble Store is having a Games Workshop Publisher Sale. Some decent discounts with the Monthly 10% bonus.

Not sure if this is a new every day thing or just a trial run, but GreenManGaming is doing a VIP thing with a limited time Flash Sale rotating on a 6-hour basis.
Right now they feature: Wolfenstein II : The New Colossus at $44.99 (25%). 3.5 hours left at that price.
Also in VIP, a 20% off voucher code for Cuphead, Injustice 2, PUBG and Nioh.

On Steam play Squad for FREE this weekend and purchase for $19.99 (50%).
Also on Steam, an Aspyr Publisher Sale. Up to 75% off titles in the Civilization, Call of Duty, Borderlands, Bioshock and other popular franchises.

I wonder of Field of Glory 2 has more variety than Pike and SHot.

Great Star Deal today at Fanatical. Endless Legend : Emperor Edition for only $5.99 (85%). Emperor Edition comes with an extra minor faction (Ice Wargs), an extra hero (Namkang) and a unique trait for your custom factions. It also adds an extra spaceship and hero for owners of Dungeon of the Endless.

Also at Fanatical, the Max Damage Bundle contains 8 Steam games for $3.49.

• Carmageddon : Max Damage
  • Punch Club - Deluxe
  • System Shock : Enhanced Edition
  • Guts and Glory
  • Serial Cleaner
  • Final Exam
  • Monochroma
  • Sudden Strike Gold

Steam has 347 Weeklong Deals. Some decent deals, including:

• Crypt of the Necrodancer - $2.99 (80%)
  • Sins of a Solar Empire : Ultimate Edition - $12.49 (75%)
  • Breech and Clear - $1.49 (90%)
  • Lords of Xulima - $9.99 (50%)
  • Avadon : The Black Fortress - $2.99 (70%)
  • Nuclear Dawn - $1.99 (80%)
  • Longsword : Tabletop Tactics - $20.09 (33%) WARNING : Sketchy Dev Alert!

I’m pretty sure you can find a list of battles online if that is the type o f variety you are asking about.

I didn’t have anything specific in mind. By variety I just meant different troop types, varied terrain / layouts of battles.

It is close but I find Pike & Shots campaign layer & unit variety a little better than FOG2. Although the FOG2 feature of units arriving late to the battle is better than P&S.