Bargain Thread 2017

Possibly timed to coincide with a free trial beginning today, as well as the DLC release previously mentioned.

Mad Game Tycoon (highly regarded here, if I recall) is part of the new Indiegala hump day bundle.
There is also Superflight in there, some youtube fodder that I didn’t find interesting but ymmv.

Super Bloody Hockey is $5 today @ Chrono.gg

https://www.chrono.gg/

I don’t give one whit about hockey…but I kind of want that…

I will make sure it is my request Wednesday vote for Tom when we make requests on Friday.

I am sure Tom would love to try it, he is good at sports games. :)

Sweet deal on a XPS13 with 8GB RAM, 256GB PCI-e SSD, and an 8th gen i7 CPU, meaning 4 cores and 8 threads. You previously couldn’t get that in a 13" model. With the 1080p screen it gets a whopping 16 hours of battery life in actual use, not just watching movies. Watching movies more like 22 hours. That’s 2 hours more than the 7th gen model from earlier in the year. All in a laptop that weighs 2.7 lbs.

This looks fun - basic game is just the old NES Ice Hockey game but I love all the options like 4 vs 8, etc.

Oh! It’s good! It basically is NES Ice Hockey. They replicated it really well (from what I remember of 1990), but just added a little more of an emphasis on fights. And there’s blood.

Well, that would make sense, except that this sale is only on Amazon. If they were trying to get people on board, that would be the price everywhere, right? :)

Frozen Cortex / Frozen Synapse are free on Twitch with Amazon Prime. Good until Dec 6.

But no Steam key but I guess beggars can’t be choosers :)

In a deal that seems kind of backwards, Fanatical has a DOOM Bundle that features the 2016 DOOM including all 3 premium DLC packs for $9.99. Pay $19.99 and add DOOM Classic Complete and DOOM 3 : BFG Edition. $10 for DOOM is the lowest I’ve seen it yet.

Fanatical’s Star Deal today is Puzzle Games Box for $1.00 (66%). Includes 3 games, HOOK, klocki and oO.

Humble Store has The Bureau : XCOM Declassified for FREE for a limited time.

Steam has The Elder Scrolls Online : Tamriel Unlimited FREE to play all weekend, with a sale price of $9.99 (50%).
The Morrowind expansion is also 50% off at $19.99.

Steam is also having a Nicalis Publisher Sale. Cave Story, Binding of Isaac and other on sale for up to 80% off.

Finally, they’re doing some weird sale titled The Classics Return which seems to feature an odd mix of games that are either sequels to or directly inspired by older games. Some decent deals though, including:

• Age of Wonders III - $7.49 (75%)
  • Divinity : Original Sin Enhanced - $13.59 (66%)
  • Torment : Tides of Numeria - $17.99 (60%)
  • Shadowrun Returns - $2.99 (80%)
  • Shadowrun Dragonfall : Directors Cut - $2.99 (80%)
  • Shadowrun Hong Kong : Extended Edition - $3.99 (80%)
  • Xenonauts - $6.24 (75%)

It’s time once again for the Yogscast Jingle Jam Bundle at Humble Bundle.
Pay $35, all of which goes to charity, and receive:

• Rust
  • Dungeon of the Endless
  • Q.U.B.E. Director’s Cut
  • Garry’s Mod
  • and new games unlocked daily through December 25th!

Sounds like loot box gambling :)

Gosh that sounds tempting but I’d hate to spend $35 for stuff I already have or dont’ want. I guess I could call it a charitable contribution though.

A little out of the blue here, but all of the ORBX stuff for FSX et.al. is 45% off. Good time to grab some scenery.

You can always wait a bit. You can buy in at any time throughout the month of December.

The only reason not to wait for all the games to be revealed is that some of them are limited stock and will only go to the first X number of people to purchase the bundle. So, as an example, if Tooth & Tail were revealed on December 17th, but only 25,000 keys were given to the bundle, the first 25,000 folks to sign up would get them. If 25,000 people had purchased the bundle by December 5th…well, you’d be out of luck if you’d waited for the reveal.

So Ubisoft is giving away World in Conflict: Complete Edition. Never played this game, but heard good things about it!

Thank you. I don’t have Ubisoft, so I might install it for this.

Fanatical has another Best of Star Deals Week happening this week. Different deal every day. Today it’s Tropico 5 for $2.99 (85%). Looks like they put most of the DLC for it on sale at 50% off as well.

Steam has 421 Weeklong Deals this week. Highlights include:

• Sins of a Solar Empire : Rebellion - $9.99 (75%)
  • Spellforce : Platinum Edition - $2.49 (75%) or Spellforce : Complete - $11.99 (80%)
  • Oriental Empires - $17.99 (40%)
  • Vaporum - $12.99 (35%)
  • Niffelheim - $12.99 (35%)
  • Avadon II : The Corruption - $2.99 (70%)

Today’s Daily Deal is Domina for $4.99 (50%)

Thanks!