Bargain Thread 2017

Okay, but it would have to wait in line behind Betrayal at Krondor!

Does anyone even know who holds the IP for Darklands? Like many games from that era, it could be a tangled mess.

IIRC, Infrogrames actually had it at some point, but then with their dissolution (or perhaps before), it got moved on somewhere else.

Several years ago, there was a modder working on adapting Darklands into NWN2’s engine, but since I haven’t heard anything about it in, well, several years I assume the project stalled. I too would love a modern update. Its theme and setting are hard to top, and of course its great character creation where you picked each character’s background.

Nightdive Studios, it looks like.

Which means the odds of a remaster/ rerelease are fairly high.

Humble Store has a bunch of Star Wars games on discount to celebrate the release of The Last Jedi. Up to 70% off, bringing the prices on some classics like the KotOR games and Republic Commando to around $3. Galactic Battlegrounds Saga is only $2.

Humble also has a Manga Gamer and Friends bundle live with three tiers of visual novels and games.

Did you recently get Homefront free on Humble Store? If so, you can purchase it’s far better follow-up, Homefront : The Revolution - Freedom Fighter Bundle for $7.19 (82%) as Fanatical’s Star Deal today.

There are some interesting mods for Galactic Battlegounds, including one that ads two new factions.

Company of Heroes 2 free for a limited time at the Humble Bundle Store.

FYI, these don’t appear to be historical lows on a lot of games, such as the X-Wing series.

I find your lack of faith in these deals disturbing.

Thanks for the heads up on COH2!

My pleasure :-) I wonder what the current consensus on this game is after the lukewarm response it got at launch.

Why does reaching historical lows matter?

No need to rush and grab it unless you want to play right now, then. It’ll probably be back to a lower price in the Christmas sale.

Historical low only matters if you enjoy playing the meta-game of “how cheap can I get this game to add to the backlog that’s so huge I’ll never play half of it”. Full disclosure : I excel at that game.

Also, as @Thraeg mentions, with Holiday sales right around the corner there’s a chance games could reach their historic lows during said sales.

It’s a fun time, although I honestly prefer the original. But for free? Give it a go and see how it clicks with you!

So when is that Steam Christmas sale coming?

The theory is 12/21, but I don’t actually know

There’s lower than free? You mean they’ll pay me to take the game?