Bargain Thread 2017

GamersGate is offering 91% off on Praetorians bringing the cost down to $0.45 U.S.

Norabunga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Ascension for PS4 is down to $20 for Prime Members at Amazon. Or you can get it “new” from Gamestop without all the paid subscription jazz.

Target is doing a B2G1 free deal on games. Believe Switch titles are excluded. Still a chance to get stuff like Ghost Recon Wildlands and Horizon on a discount.

Some pretty great deals there on older stuff (for once!). Starflight pack was 1.5 bucks, looking forward to finally playing the second game.

The original copy protection on that game was inscrutable. And heaven help you if you were color blind.

HOW DARE YOU SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT A STARFLIGHT GAME. Pistols at dawn, sir!

Amazing deal on the Humble Jumbo Bundle 8 that just went live.

Pay $1 for Steam keys to:

• Valhalla Hills
  • The Journey Down 1+2 Bundle
  • Legends of Eisenwald

BTA (currently only $6) and receive:

• Warhammer : End Times - Vermintide
  • Jotun
  • Turmoil
  • plus more games revealed next week

Pay $10 and unlock:

• Verdun

I’m actually a little bit ticked off about this bundle, as I literally just bought Legends of Eisenwald yesterday for $4.49 from the Humble Store on sale (sale ended yesterday). I also paid $12 two months ago for Warhammer : End Times - Vermintide (though granted I got all the DLC too) and Jotun in a Humble Monthly. I haven’t played any of them yet…so I could have saved myself $10!

I was just about to post this. Valhalla Hills has been on my wish list since release. I already have a few of these so will be passing out keys, and a couple I’m just not familiar with.

Question on BTA - when they say “more revealed next week”, do those keys get sent out retroactively, or should I just wait and see what they are?

This is the first Jumbo Bundle in which I’ve only heard of one of the games (Vermintide). Are the other games in the bundle good for someone who can’t play strategy games yet?

The only games on this list I’ve played are Eisenwald and Turmoil. Eisnewald is a mediocre tactical game, but easy enough for a novice. I’ll be giving it away once I get the bundle. Turmoil is a pretty good casual strategy game that might be right up your alley, but I’m not sure yet that I’ll be getting the BTA package. If I do I’ll give that away as well.

You can buy now. The keys are added to your order page once the additional games are revealed.

Journey Down is a classic style point and click adventure. I have not played it, but the reviews are positive.

Jotun is a Viking setting action game with beautiful hand drawn animations and some really nice music.

Verdun is a squad based online multiplayer FPS set in WWI. I’d heard some good things, but I have no idea if anyone is still playing on the servers or how approachable it might be for a brand new player at this point in the game’s lifecycle.

I dunno, it seems to me like Battlefield 1 makes Verdun obsolete, but it’s not full-auto fire/huge explosions all the time, so it’s more accurate. It is kinda slow and boring, though, so maybe DICE had a point. You don’t have to pay DLC to get France, so it has that going for it too.

You want excitement soldier? Well strap on, you’re going over the top. Now get out there for King and Country!

Thanks. Will be boughtenized this afternoon.

This version of Starflight 2 seems to be code safe. The first game though, comes both with some awkward rendition of the code wheel, and a custom utility made by GoG which you feed with what is asked and will generate the proper number! Progress, sort of!

Are a lot of people still playing Vermintide (which I gather is L4D with rat-like monsters–multiplayer only)? Eisenwald looks like an HoMM type game–I like the look of it.

Eisenwald is like the spawn of Darklands and one of those modern King’s Bounty, but sadly, I found it lacking the atmosphere or charm of either. It isn’t a bad game, but I thought some concessions (single units) went poorly with an attempt for realism (“damage” doesn’t heal up between fights, making you go back and forth all the time), and it was missing that little addictive spark (could I be any more precise?) a great game needs. Generally speaking, the game wasn’t “nice” to the player, an approach which I personnally never excuse for an attempt at realism.

Probably the wrong thread to post this!

All of the “X” Series space games and their DLC $20 on BundleStars as the Star Deal today only.
That’s not a bad price at all to get everything…

It’s a heck of a deal if you don’t have most of the games (and want them of course–the earlier ones – X-BtF through X2, look pretty rough now, and X Rebirth is still kind of an acquired taste).
It’s all provided as one Steam key BTW.